WGU Bachelor's IT-Security - Starting 01/01/17

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rylee1246Rylee1246 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Website project passed. Now studying for objective test
  • Options
    N!CKN!CK Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is C-172 Net+? I'm about to start it and would happily accept any info you all have on it. From there I move on to some filler classes and then OS.
  • Options
    Don't remember off hand which class is the net+ but make sure to do the labsim exercises and maybe look for a popular net+ book to read with the labsim testout material. Unless they updated the ucertify material, it was not very helpful. I passed net+ first try but it was prob the hardest of the comptia tests I took. None of the materials alone covered everything.
  • Options
    Passed the HTML objective assessment. Onto the SQL/Database class! Last class that is assigned for this semester. I have 1 more waiting in the wings before I'm out of cross classes for my degree change.
  • Options
    Fast tracked c170 and turned in the performance assessment. Waiting to hear back on if I passed. I felt like I covered all of the requirements.

Apparently my previous post about passing the sql foundations didn't post. I finished that class last month. Working on applications now. If my pa passes, I only need to study for the objective.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    N!CK wrote: »
    Is C-172 Net+? I'm about to start it and would happily accept any info you all have on it. From there I move on to some filler classes and then OS.

I just finished this class and took the exam last weekend. I start Net+ next semester and that's C480.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    Passed the performance assessment. Now for oa
  • Options
    MichaelRMichaelR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very impressive Rylee1246! Your knocking these classes out twice as fast a I did. Nice!
    Good luck in future exams.
  • Options
    Passed c170. I'm out of classes for now.
  • Options
    New semester. I got transferred to the cybersecurity degree plan. First class I will knock out is the ITIL. Then the intro to security class. The final two for my semester will be the website security and the cloud security. Once those are all done I will be looking for some acceleration. I have 12 classes left. I could possibly get it done this year if I average 1 per month.
  • Options
    Passed ITIL foundations. With a baby on the way in a couple weeks, I'll be taking a minor break til after the baby comes. In the mean time I will be reading the csa+ all in one book as an assistant to prep for my new job that I should be starting in about a month from now.
  • Options
    passed the intro to information security class and the CIW web security class. Starting on the ECES class. I have until the end of June to finish it.

my son was born on 1/31! he is doing great. :) . However, I am not sure if I'll be able to accelerate much with the baby around. Right now I'm just hoping I can finish my designated classes on time.
  • Options
    I passed the ECES exam yesterday. This semester's classes are done. I will begin studying for ECIH, and plan to take that test next semester for the first class.
  • Options
    I completed this semester a few weeks ago that included the ecih, the forensic class and cyber law.  Next semester starts in January.  First class will be sscp.  Right now I'm going through the eJPT course materials for fun and to begin my penetration testing knowledge in earnest.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I passed the sscp exam today.  I have 4 classes left. Three are paper classes and one is an in house exam.  Working on emerging technologies.  I just might be able to accelerate through the rest of them, and take my walk in june!

Also, I passed the eJPT exam a couple weeks ago
  • Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Almost there. Good to hear.
  • Options
    I passed emerging technologies and management information systems.  My semester is technically complete, and I now have until the end of June to accelerate the capstone and the last cloud security class. I am looking to complete both by March! 
  • Options
    I passed the capstone.  1 class left. 
  • Options
    As of February 15th,  I have completed my course of study, and now have a BS in Cybersecurity :)
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021