Options

Sybex

aragorn395aragorn395 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I'm new to this forum. I've been looking into study/ training materials for the 70-270 exam, and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the Sybex 3rd Edition guide, or provide any feedback. I appreciate any help or insight in advance.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I dropped it after reading only a chapter or two, get the MS Press book for 70-270, it's much better.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I must say that I used the Sybex book, Technotes here, and Transcender for my 270 and it was enough to pass. However, I would not rely on the Sybex book solely for this exam as I do not think it is enough.

I have been disappointed with a few of the Sybex books for the MCSA/E titles. The 290 and 291 are horrible, but the 227 one was good IMO. I have the whole set of the Sybex MCSE and every time (except 227) I end up buying the MS Press book. So yeah, as mentioned before, get the MS Press book icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    Exam Cram is a great one to read right before taking.
  • Options
    DapperDanDapperDan Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took and barely passed the 270 test using the Sybex book. After the test I felt the Sybex book left me unprepared for the test. I immediately ordered a MS Press 290 book to read along with the Sybex 290 book. I just finished the Sybex 290 book and it is horrible; a cut-and-paste of the 270 book. Most labs were the exact duplicates of the 270 (which you can't do w/out logging in as administrator). Forget the Sybex and get yourself a MS Press Book. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    hi guys,
    how can i obtain a copy of the ms press book, and what other books are considered very useful in preparing for ms 70-290 and 70-291.

thx much
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    DapperDanDapperDan Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    elover_jm wrote:
    hi guys,
    how can i obtain a copy of the ms press book, and what other books are considered very useful in preparing for ms 70-290 and 70-291.

thx much

Nerdbooks.com
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    elover_jm wrote:
    hi guys,
    thx much

check out www.amazon.com
    Many major bookstore carry this title.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    Kevin_cambs_ukKevin_cambs_uk Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Must admit there seems a lot of stuff i there but there was stuff on the exam I just didn't come across in the book. Also is not an easy read, some of the chapters are a monster to get thru.

The MS Press book is a much easier read . This is the one I am working from now

Kev
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    I'm still thinking if I should get a book for 270. Maybe I can just read the Technotes and the rest get from MS website.
    Don't know yet, neither if it will work this way.
    I will take it next week and then if I pass, I let you guys know how I did.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)