My Network+ Study Diary

NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
Hey guys,

I saw a thread somewhere on this forum, someone made a thread of a study diary for a certification he was studying towards.

I thought it would be a good idea to make one for my Network+ to keep me motivated.

Resources bought so far:

- Mike Meyers Udemy video course (currently watching)
- CompTIA Network+ All-In-One Exam Guide (I plan to read this weekend)
- CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide (once I finished Mike Meyers, I will move onto this one)

I plan to take the exam Feb 4th (not booked yet).

So far so good, I'm up to TCP/IP basics on the udemy course, I'm going to read Mike Meyers book this weekend to enforce what I've learnt this week.

Feel free to give me advice. :)

Comments

• jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike Meyers is not enough. Although his udemy course is taught well he misses a lot of things. Take Professor Messers course as well. Its directly in line with the network+ objectives list.
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • Falls_TechFalls_Tech Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just downloaded Prof Messers study notes for this exam. These are better than the A+ notes. A must have in my opinion.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Thanks guys, Professor Messer is the next video course. He helped me past the MS 70-680 exam. :)
    check out Davidprowse.com. he's got 140 free Network+ questions. also check out his question of the day. he's got a short video explaining the answer. good stuff......
    Thank you for your advice.

A little update on my progress, I didn't studied as much as I wanted to during the holidays.

Can anyone recommend the best resources for subnetting?

Many thanks all.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From another post of mine earlier today:

If you need help with subnetting I can recommend you check out LiveLessons' ICND1 coverage of the topic with https://youtu.be/ZAtwjDeyYFI Kevin Wallace or CBT Nuggets' ICND1 coverage with https://youtu.be/UCoVs1Ri1IA Keith Barker. Another good discussion is with https://youtu.be/EkNq4TrHP_U Eli The Computer Guy.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    As I wait for my book to arrive from Amazon someone posted subnetting.net. So I started into it got stuck for 45 minutes, then it started to click. Its just a matter of putting in the time....
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This was a helpful site in aiding me in my study:
    SubnettingPractice.com
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Thanks for the help guys.

I'm slowly working through my study material, yesterday I looked at routing protocols and today will be TCP/IP applications.
    So I took delivery of the Glen E. Clarke book. Nothing wrong with it but I'll be going back to Exam Cram. I love the format of the Exam Cram series and it worked for the A+. The Clarke book came with Total Tester, 560 questions. I'll continue to use it but Transcender has more features. Being able to print out individual questions and explanations is invaluable to me.

And a word about practice questions. You'll see very few of them word for word on any certification exam.
  • LFCJoshhLFCJoshh Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□