Thanx 2 ALL>> and MOST important,, Thank you Good Lord

David_HXDavid_HX Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point and success with the final CCNA exam.

It feels sooooo very good to get that exam behind me and reunite with my wife and family after almost 4 months of focussed study.

I give ultimate thanks to the Good Lord for giving me calm and guidence during the exam. You should too,, think about it....
It was a tough one no doubt, Cisco really raised the bar this time !

I am presently looking for a nice entry (maybe better ?!) level position in the Knoxville, Tn. area to move forward with my newly learned skills and years of field service tech. experience. So if any of you might have some leads it would be appreciated if......

I am also working with another fellow to help others by getting some powerful resources and sims uploaded to his FTP site.

Someone very cool helped me out early in the game with the promise that I would help others after I completed my gaultlet.
Now is the time to make good on that promise.....

Until I can get everything organized and uploaded,, here is a preliminary taste of some practice SIMS which really helped me out.
More to come,, stay in touch !

ICND, BSCN, & BCMSN, Multiple Links below:
Post your opinions on these X-cellent learning tools, they really helped me out with pulling together all the details and tech. facts into a working sim environment.

This will get 'yer brains humm'in icon_cool.gif

http://www.ultratechnology.net/column/elabs/index.htm

The best of luck to all of you and please help others to attain their goals as well.

David
CCNA v.2 and now v.3 !
MCSE
N+
A+
blah, blah, blah......... icon_cool.gif

Comments

• moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations on your achievements :D
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    congrats dude...
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • uksmurfuksmurf Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done! I have mine soon so I hope to be rejoicing like you are now when I get through it!
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent job! Good luck in your job hunting!
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Congrats!! I'm looking for God to help me with this cert too. Keep up the good work. icon_cool.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, David!
    David_HX wrote:
    Unfortunately that site seems to be broken and/or not Firefox friendly. It redirects me to:

http://www.ultratechnology.net/column/elabs/noflash.html

which dies with a 404 Not Found.

Running Firefox 1.5.0.2 and Flash (8.0 r22) is definately installed.

--Bill
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

So, you're back in the Cisco game.... what's next? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • robocal2robocal2 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!

YOU ARE THE MAN!

icon_cool.gif
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck with future exams and the job field. :)
    The CCNA doesn't cover that much material and you wouldn't think that it could be difficult, but it's a beast at times. You really have to ace the material. Good work.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • David_HXDavid_HX Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lwwarner wrote:
    Congratulations, David!
    David_HX wrote:
    Unfortunately that site seems to be broken and/or not Firefox friendly. It redirects me to:

http://www.ultratechnology.net/column/elabs/noflash.html

which dies with a 404 Not Found.

Running Firefox 1.5.0.2 and Flash (8.0 r22) is definitely installed.

--Bill

Bill,

I just tried the link below and it works for me.

http://www.ultratechnology.net/column/elabs/index.htm

David

[/url]
    Yep, it's working now.

Congrats again, David. I'm taking mine next Friday...
    lwwarner wrote:
    Yep, it's working now.

Congrats again, David. I'm taking mine next Friday...

The best of Luck and a couple prayers to 'ya Bill.

Chime in after you kick some CCNA booty next week ! icon_cool.gif
    robocal2 wrote:
    congrats!

YOU ARE THE MAN!

icon_cool.gif

Did Alex ever contact you for the FTP access ?
    I uploaded all those resources last week but hav'nt heard from him since then.

David
  • HELLZxPHADERHELLZxPHADER Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow thanks for the link!!!
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    congrats David on the big Achievement. When you get a chance check out Mark 11:24, well I am headed towards my CCNA in the next couple of months. hopefully it all works out :D
  • SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Cool job David :)
    Life is a journey...
    David_HX wrote:
    The best of Luck and a couple prayers to 'ya Bill.

Chime in after you kick some CCNA booty next week ! icon_cool.gif
    Thanks for the well wishes, David. I passed this morning! Unfortunately I'm not quite finished, because I still have my CCNA 4 Final & Skills Exams next week. But anyway, here was my prep scheme:

CCNA 1-4 Academy classes; live and in person
    Sybex 5th Ed.; consulted occasionally for a different POV
    The TCP/IP Guide <http://www.tcpipguide.com/>; for more in depth review of specific protocols & concepts
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/ icon_exclaim.gif
    A home lab for extra practice:
      2620 (2) 2520 2514 2509 871w 2950-12 (2) V-Console ISDN Simulator BayTech RPC-2 remote power controller
    My background prior to embarking on the CCNA path includes experience in programming (starting on a Honeywell CP-5 system in 1977), system administration (*BSD), and TCP/IP design & implementation; but nothing Cisco specific.

IMO, the best thing about the Academy courses is the lab time & lots of practice taking Cisco exams. However, IME the real thing was significantly more difficult than the 2 online practice cert exams available through the Academy site. The real exam had very few questions that could be answered on sight, with most questions requiring some time to think through to the solution. At the end of the 1st half-hour I was a bit worried about my pace, but in the end I had 15-20 minutes to spare.

Thanks to all here for the info & discussions, and especially to Johan. Good luck to all who are still on the CCNA trail!

Onward!
    lwwarner wrote:
    My background prior to embarking on the CCNA path includes experience in programming (starting on a Honeywell CP-5 system in 1977), system administration (*BSD), and TCP/IP design & implementation; but nothing Cisco specific.

Wow -- 1977? That makes you an old guy!

Oh... wait... Summer of '76 -- PDP-8, PDP-11, and CDC-6400. Crap! That makes me an old guy. icon_sad.gif

...then the 360s, 370s (Basic, Assembler, Fortran, APL, and PL/1), Cray-1.... then UNIX and network programming.... and then networking and internetworking....
    mikej412 wrote:
    Thanks, Mike!
    Wow -- 1977? That makes you an old guy!

Oh... wait... Summer of '76 -- PDP-8, PDP-11, and CDC-6400. Crap! That makes me an old guy. icon_sad.gif
    Hey, were not old! We're experienced, mature, well-seasoned; OK, maybe we're just old... icon_confused.gif
    ...then the 360s, 370s (Basic, Assembler, Fortran, APL, and PL/1), Cray-1.... then UNIX and network programming.... and then networking and internetworking....
    Gee, that sounds remarkably familiar. I'll only add mention of my favorite old-time programming language, Ratfor (I know there is a copy of K&P's "Software Tools" around here someplace...); and my all time favorite storage technology, paper tape! (Kids these days don't know what spooling really means...) icon_eek.gif
    lwwarner wrote:
    paper tape! (Kids these days don't know what spooling really means...) icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif I didn't mention punch cards -- because I didn't want to go there -- but I had forgotten about punch tape and the teletype terminals... How could I remember the PDP8 and forget about manually bootstrapping that puppy and loading the OS from paper tape? icon_eek.gif I was willing to go as far back as remembering a Trendata terminal (daisy wheel!!).... icon_eek.gif

And I don't ever want to remember what that language was that the government mandated for government programming work -- my brain does a hard reset if I try dreadging up those memories......
    mikej412 wrote:
    And I don't ever want to remember what that language was that the government mandated for government programming work -- my brain does a hard reset if I try dreadging up those memories......
    Amen, brother! Well, I guess that's enough hobbling down memory lane for one thread. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress...