Itpro.tv

xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
Opinions on ITPRO during their 50 % off Sale? worth it?

PS: Mods, please don't delete
Studying: GPEN
Reading
: SANS SEC560
Upcoming Exam: GPEN

Comments

  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No idea why mods deleted the previous thread.

    Again, I tried their CCSP and for me it was much worse than Kelly Handerhan's free one on cybrary.it because their instructor is way too talkative and I was looking for information instead of jokes and cool stories. Didn't like Kelly's course at first but now compared to ITPro.tv I realized that it wasn't that bad.

    Wouldn't pay.
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326
    I did the ITIL because it was short and I knew it wasn't going to last. I couldn't take it, as Gespenstern said all he did was jokes and stories and quickly explained something. When I got that email today I laughed and said no way
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Sec+, Splunk Member Posts: 317 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been using itprotv for the last month studying for the n+. I agree that they are too talkative and could cut down each show by 30min and still not leave any important info out. However, I actually like it and I found it to be helpful. Their approach is slightly different than Professor Messer because IMO they show you ways to do things and not just talk about them. It's helped me understand some key concepts that weren't clear from the books I read. I haven't watched any of their other training videos so I don't know if they are good or not. It might depend on what you are interested in studying. One perk is that you get 2 Transcender exams per month. PM me if you have any other questions.
  • RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally like them, they are a bit different then CBT nuggets or plurashigh as they are more informal so to say, I like they they are talkative but they do they lot of real life examples as share experience.
    In my opinion, if you want to learn a subject step by step and you don't have any experience before its better to go with other vendors as mentioned above, but if you are familiar with a given technology then its way better to go with itpro.tv as you can google the steps but you need the ideas, experience, someone to tell you what can be done and wan;t cant etc. at least for me is like that, I really enjoy watching them and I thing they are really good recourse for any mid-senior level IT professional but if you are entry level junior go somewhere else as you'll get lost in all the talks :)
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like IT Pro TV, because their customer service is great!! They respond very quickly to customer requests.
    Also,when I'm watching their videos, it feel like I'am sitting in a classroom.
    You can't go wrong with unlimited access to virtual labs and the Transcender practice tests.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

    --Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    When was the sale? I missed it, and would have likely bought... icon_sad.gif

    I think the mods might delete some of these threads because there is a commercial conflict with the site sponsors, which is annoying, but a reality. I mean unless people want to chip in and pay for the running costs so sponsorship isn't needed....

    Merry Christmas!
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    OctalDump wrote: »
    When was the sale? I missed it, and would have likely bought... icon_sad.gif

    I think the mods might delete some of these threads because there is a commercial conflict with the site sponsors, which is annoying, but a reality. I mean unless people want to chip in and pay for the running costs so sponsorship isn't needed....

    Merry Christmas!

    I never knew that it would conflict, that would make sense I guess.

    It was a email sent by the main guy at ITPRO.TV (CEO, owner?) for the guys that signed up during that Harvard Signup scandal lol.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I think it is worth it. At that price, you get quite a lot for the money. Even someone who has too many books and Udemy courses that are still unread/unwatched or incomplete, there are some things there. It's one of the few places I've seen Apple training videos (apart from Apple).

    It also has (brief) courses on CISA, CISM and GSEC, and Adobe, PMP and Lean 6 sigma. So if any of those less common things are appealing, in addition to the regular Cisco, MS and CompTIA stuff...

    And it has a bunch of short courses on technical subjects - the kind of thing you can dig around on YouTube and find.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I think it is worth it. At that price, you get quite a lot for the money. Even someone who has too many books and Udemy courses that are still unread/unwatched or incomplete, there are some things there. It's one of the few places I've seen Apple training videos (apart from Apple).

    It also has (brief) courses on CISA, CISM and GSEC, and Adobe, PMP and Lean 6 sigma. So if any of those less common things are appealing, in addition to the regular Cisco, MS and CompTIA stuff...

    And it has a bunch of short courses on technical subjects - the kind of thing you can dig around on YouTube and find.

    That's what I was thinking, that it might be worth it based solely on Trancender and vLabs and not so much on the videos. I did skim through and saw that their CEH course is still v8.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • IristheangelIristheangel CCIEx2 (Sec + DC), CCNP RS, CCNA V/S/R/DC, CISSP, CEH, MCSE 2003, A+/L+/N+/S+, and a lot more from m Pasadena, CAMod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I don't think the powers that be care that much about advertiser conflicts. We talk about different training providers all the time. If it was, then the threads talking about Stanly VMware courses, other online schools besides WGU, and various learning partners would also be deleted :P

    I suspect it more had to do with the fact that this "sale" has to do with an illegitimate corporate account folks were able to create for a limited amount of time because Harvard accidentally left it public facing and this is ITPro's mea culpa for Harvard to the folks getting their account access cut. This isn't an offer available to all - you had to sign up for the corporate account that was disclosed in error. Also, there are ITPro TV employees on their forum and since this is not a sale available to all their customers, they might not have wanted this advertised.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • si20si20 Member Posts: 523 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like ITProTV - i've only watched the MTA Server Fundamentals but they cover everything and they cover it well. The only real issue I have is cost: they're not cheap. I don't think they're crazy expensive either, but it's all relative. If you're earning a good amount and have spare change, do it! Otherwise, if you're like me and you're trying to get a cert to get into a job, you need to be careful with your money.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have Amazon Prime, some of the videos are included in the subscription. Just found them yesterday and haven't had a chance to watch any yet.
    Andy

    2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648
    +1 on the prime info
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I think the mods might delete some of these threads because there is a commercial conflict with the site sponsors, which is annoying, but a reality.

    No this does not happen. Outside of ads here there isn't anything like that going on.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have amazon prime, where do I go to see what videos are available?
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    select Prime Video for search and then enter itprotv. About 2 pages will show up. Not a great selection, but if you have Prime a good way to check it out. you can also buy them through prime. Not sure if the price is very good.
    Andy

    2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITPro.tv's casual style is a change from a lot of the whiteboard and slides type presentations. For me I subscribed for a second perspective to supplement my other subscriptions that wasn't the same ol' same ol'. Also the access to the Virtual labs and transcender practice exams is a bonus icon_cheers.gif
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    I signed up to ITProTv as well for the CCNP R&S videos and find them very easy to watch. They give a lot of examples and the practice tests and labs are a plus.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    No this does not happen. Outside of ads here there isn't anything like that going on.

    It's interesting you say that, because I had a thread removed and that was the reason given.

    Maybe that's not what that moderator meant, and they meant "spam" or something, as in the thread seemed to be free advertising for particular companies.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    It's interesting you say that, because I had a thread removed and that was the reason given.

    Maybe that's not what that moderator meant, and they meant "spam" or something, as in the thread seemed to be free advertising for particular companies.

    I had a thread about work related tattoos in the off topic forum the other day. It got removed too. I have no friends on high.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Ertaz wrote: »
    I had a thread about work related tattoos in the off topic forum the other day. It got removed too. I have no friends on high.

    Removed? Like with a laser?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Removed? Like with a laser?

    just like my tramp stamp......Tijuana, hell of a place
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote: »
    select Prime Video for search and then enter itprotv. About 2 pages will show up. Not a great selection, but if you have Prime a good way to check it out. you can also buy them through prime. Not sure if the price is very good.
    It should be just the ITPro.tv channel, I have it on my Roku. They have section with free videos, samples and some entry level videos just to feel their style but if you have subscription, you can use it and watch then on your TV which is awesome.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Sec+, Splunk Member Posts: 317 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    I had a thread about work related tattoos in the off topic forum the other day. It got removed too. I have no friends on high.

    Ok, now I want to know what you said in the thread about tattoos. I don't have any tattoos, I'm just curious.
  • 80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I liked the course . I let it play on my smart TV while I would cook dinner or clean my apartment. Every now and then I would rewind it because something would catch my ear... overall I enjoyed the program.
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

    2017- NEED PMP
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love it for the Transender Practice exams (2 test, which you can take over and over, a month) and they have real Cisco equipment in their lab environment. I have a love hate relationship with the conversational style, I just speed the videos up by 10% and that helps a bit. I like their content better than the videos on Safari Books Online and Lynda, but that could just be preference.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    Ok, now I want to know what you said in the thread about tattoos. I don't have any tattoos, I'm just curious.

    The lady who was cutting my hair had a tattoo of scissors on her hand. It kind of made me feel that she was passionate about her work. It prompted me to create a thread that asked about any infosec related tattoos. Apparently the power on high saw the potential for that to go to a bad place and banned it. I defer to their wisdom.
Sign In or Register to comment.