Options

Response from PMI

manndeep1manndeep1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Received following response from PMI regarding my PMP application:
You may proceed to the next step of the application process – payment. However, please note that your application is still subject to further review or audit.
Is it the normal response I should expect for my application?

Comments

• Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes. After payment is successfully processed, decision time. You will either be selected for random audit or approved to schedule your exam. If selected for audit, just follow PMI's instructions for submitting documentation to prove experience and educational contact hours. Eligibility will begin after final approval.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, it's a weird process. They select for audit AFTER you pay for the exam even though you submitted your application before payment.

I can only suspect they got burnt by people applying but then bailing and not paying/scheduling the exam and they wasted their time conducting the audits? It's still a little weird, but after payment you'll see if you're randomly selected and need to provide additional evidence of PM experience.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP