Options

Urgent Pre-exam questions

Sl@yerSl@yer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody

I'm going to take my CCNA exam next Thursday but I still have a couple of confusing questions:

1- When asking for the valid number of subnets, do we consider the command "ip subnet-zero" or not? (i.e. do we use the 0 subnet or not?)
2- Are we going to be asked about IPX and its configuration?

Regarding my first question, I read in Cisco Press' Exam Certification Guide that we shouldn't consider the 0 subnet unless we are told to. But in Sybex book, the author says that we should always consider the 0 subnet!!!! So, what should I do on the exam?

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    twiggy87twiggy87 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You dont get asked anything about ipx, only ip.

Also they will specify whether or not to use subnet-zero. Listen to the Cisco press book. But be real sure that you know all about subnetting and switching in particular.

Good luck for the exam!!
    If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
  • Options
    pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The standard config on any recent IOS is to include that command by default. So, I would assume that it's in effect unless otherwise specified. My experience has been that there aren't too many 'trick' questions. If you know the stuff, you should do OK.

Oh and yeah, know how to subnet. Some people suggest you jot down mask values/etc at the beginning of the test. That might work, but, you should really be able to subnet in your head without too much fuss. I don't know how good it would look to whip out a "**** sheet" on the job.

Also, it's not a bad idea to memorize as many lists of info as you can.

1. Protocol default values (hop count max, hello intervals, etc..)
    2. Handshake sequences (tcp/ip, neighbor adjacencies, etc..)
    3. Protocol headers. (ip, ethernet)

These are just some examples and may/may-not appear on the exam. The "cheaper" questions tend to be things included in tables/lists and aren't difficult conceptually. If you know the core concepts, great. Memorizing a few lists is just some added insurance.

Subnetting in my opinion is the most important part of the exam.

OK maybe this is more than you needed.
    :)

good luck!
  • Options
    Sl@yerSl@yer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanx guys

Wish me luck on Thursday!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Thanx again