Options

Please help

Justin79Justin79 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, Im new here.

Im about to do my 70-210 exam. I have done the course. I have never worked in IT but chose this career out of personal interest.
I have to admit. I am stressing bad about this exam!
I have the course manual, the Sybex 70-210 book and have read these. But I really, really need to pass, and I was wondering if anyone has seen the new **** ****?
I have it, and as my last resort to grasp a hold on this I am thinking of just getting stuck right into the ****. It looks pretty good to me, and one of my mates who is a MCP instructor said it is pretty close to what will be in the exam.

Has anyone used the ****?
What do you guys think I should do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Justin

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Justin - I suggest that you read the technotes here http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php and try the practice exams here http://www.techexams.net/pexams.php

**** are something that we do not recommend for many reasons. Probably the biggest is that they are crap and full of inaccuracies.

If you can afford it I would suggest CBT Nuggets.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanks alot.
    Ive been hearing so many mixed reactions about the ****. Not sure what to do. I printed out the tech notes. What are cb nuggets? Im still getting familiar with it all.
    The only problem I found with alot of the exam crams etc was the way they were worded. Not friendly for the newbies....Thats why I found the Testkillers easier to understand. But ill take any advice anyone wants to throw at me!
    Thanks, Justin
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    cbt = computer based learning

demos of cbtnuggets can be forund here - http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/videos

there are other companies offering similar products. cbtnuggets are probably the most widely known. as with any form of learning (books, hands on, bootcamps, cbt) there are those that swear by them, but probably just as many who think they are a bad idea.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, I would steer clear of anything that gives you the exact questions and answers. If you don't like reading then try for something like CBT Nuggets, Transcender's TransTrainer, or LearnKey products. Of those three, Learnkey is the most extensive, but by far the most expensive. I am quite amazed that your MCP instructor condones the use of that junk. He should have his MCT title revoked, if he even has it icon_wink.gif .

Cheeblie
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I actually didn't notice that icon_mad.gif Is your instructor an MCT? PM me his name if he is...
  • Options
    Thanks for the help everyone. really appreciate it.
    Wow, I never knew the **** were so bad...I dont understand what it is they actually do wrong but...
    I printed the techexams and they seem pretty good. Going to have a crack at the exam on Friday...Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Me again, the new resident pain in the ass. I have the Transcenders. Do you guys think that going through them are the best bet?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    Cheers for pushing this newbie in the right direction!

Are the difficulty of the transcenders the same as what to expect in the real exam?
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    having never taken a microsoft exam yet i cannot say how close transcenders are, but i know they have a higher pass mark, so you have to work harder to pass.
    A+ Moderator