Options

Certification Advice?

jul21jul21 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've MTA: OS, IT Fundamentals, A+ and just passed my Network+.

Which certification should I pursue next?

Since I have the book ITIL Foundation v3 I'm taking it next but after that which is the best next certification to take? I started working in IT last year as part-time IT Support and got a full-time IT Support this year. I'm getting confused on which one should I take next Security+ or CCNA or Server+ / MSCA Server.

Need some guide and recommendation from fellow IT Experts there.

Comments

• Options
    ming746ming746 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You could go either way. Follow your heart. If you want administration go for your server and active directory bundled with exchange. If you want engineering go the cicso route.
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Figure out what you want to do as a job first, imo. Taking classes or tests won't tell you that - go out and get your hands dirty! Sounds like you have enough of a basic skillset to get an IT job somewhere, so go out there and see what it's like. Certs are good for reinforcing an existing area of expertise, or developing knowledge and credentials so you can get into a more specific job field. It sounds like you are asking us what you should do as your job, and the best person to answer that is you.
  • Options
    jul21jul21 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks I think I'll do that. Also like the other person replied follow your heart. Thanks so much