Options

Advice to start in networking and oriented to security

alexkurbanalexkurban Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all! First of all sorry if in this post a commit some grammar mistakes, I am from Bielorrusia but I am living in Spain now. I want to be a successful pen tester/ networking security man and I want your advise, what goals and in what order I need to do it? For this 2017 I want to pass this certs :

CCNA R&S
Comptia security
LPIC

Is it a good idea?
What do you recommend for me to do?

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone help me with some recommendations please?

I want to focus in security but I
    Know that I need to have a good base I networking
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What is your experience level? Have you been working in IT for many years already or are you just starting out? If you have networking foundations already you can tackle the CCNA, if not i'd suggest the Network+ first.
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    What is your experience level? Have you been working in IT for many years already or are you just starting out? If you have networking foundations already you can tackle the CCNA, if not i'd suggest the Network+ first.

I never worked in IT in my life but i have a good understanding of IT and computer science like comptia network level, i read a lot of books about networking and i want to be a good network security auditor / pen tester. Thx for the answer
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCNA R&S is a good start. And I would suggest get a job in IT as soon as possible. Any IT job. Also, a Bachelor's degree would be beneficial as well if you don't have one already.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you don't know too much about IT or networking in general, it might not hurt to pick up a CompTIA Network+ book. Even if you don't go to take the exam, it'll lay a foundation of networking terms and materials used. Plus it's not vendor specific, so it'll have a lot in there.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S