Options

Passed SSCP on Friday

kurzonkurzon Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I passed the SSCP on Friday. Do not be fooled by any question pools, braindumps etc. I studied Darril Gibson's book several times and I peeked at the Official Study Guide book. I think it was more than enough for the exam. There were 3 or 4 questions that I'm sure I haven't seen the conecepts anywhere before.

Just be sure you have good understanding of every domain and use those question pools only to test yourself to get an idea how good you are on a spcific domain.

Good luck.

Comments

• Options
    mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    did you fully read the study guide book or just looked at the questions. How many months did you study for the exam.

I hope to take it a month or two. I have comptia security+ cert already. I started by studying for cissp exam but I was overwhelmed between full time job, kids and going for my masters degree. I will take that one eventually.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First off, congrats!

I recently passed the CISSP and have been thinking about the SSCP and CCSP. My technical side is a little weaker as far as hands on. I have used Snort and Wireshark in the past but not extensively. I am looking to add a more technical cert to my resume. I also have Security+. Is the SSCP worth it for me? How much study time do you feel I would need with recently passing both the Sec+ and CISSP?
  • Options
    mritorto2 wrote: »
    did you fully read the study guide book or just looked at the questions. How many months did you study for the exam.

I hope to take it a month or two. I have comptia security+ cert already. I started by studying for cissp exam but I was overwhelmed between full time job, kids and going for my masters degree. I will take that one eventually.

I did fast reading on study guide, and definitely studied the questions and written lab parts.

If you already have Security+, I'm sure 2 months is enough. I have a newborn baby too, if you can keep studying every evening let's say for an hour, 2 months is more than enough in my opinion.

I didn't go with CISSP for two reasons;

First, it required more studying; as I'm a technical person, I just wanted to have an ISC2 certification in a quick way. Second, I did not want to give any employer the impression that I'm planning to take any managerial career path which I hate with every of my cell. :)

Good luck.
  • Options
    dhay13 wrote: »
    First off, congrats!

I recently passed the CISSP and have been thinking about the SSCP and CCSP. My technical side is a little weaker as far as hands on. I have used Snort and Wireshark in the past but not extensively. I am looking to add a more technical cert to my resume. I also have Security+. Is the SSCP worth it for me? How much study time do you feel I would need with recently passing both the Sec+ and CISSP?

Thank you.

I do not see any reason for you to take SSCP as you already have CISSP ve Sec+ which prove your technical and managerial abilities. But if you want to take it anyway, I don't think you would need more than one month.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what scores did you get on the exams that came with Darril Gibson's CD before you took the real exam
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I was out on vacation, I couldn't reply earlier.
    mritorto2 wrote: »
    what scores did you get on the exams that came with Darril Gibson's CD before you took the real exam

I don't know actually, I didn't pay attention to that. But I don't remember any fail.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kurzon wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I passed the SSCP on Friday. Do not be fooled by any question pools, braindumps etc. I studied Darril Gibson's book several times and I peeked at the Official Study Guide book. I think it was more than enough for the exam. There were 3 or 4 questions that I'm sure I haven't seen the conecepts anywhere before.

Just be sure you have good understanding of every domain and use those question pools only to test yourself to get an idea how good you are on a spcific domain.

Good luck.

Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    dhay13 wrote: »
    First off, congrats!

With you already having CISSP and the CompTIA triad, you should consider CASP (or even CSA+ before that) rather than SSCP.

1. CASP seems to be a much more challenging exam. This is what you want to better reinforce your technical aptitude.
    2. The annual fee for CASP is $50, which is cheaper than the $65 for SSCP.
    3. CASP will renew your CompTIA triad (and CSA+ should you choose to take it beforehand). This is best done during the 3rd cyclical year for your Security+. So this one may not mean as much to you.

I'm considering the same road. Unfortunately, my A+ is lifetime. I would need to take on additional cost to take on any CE certs from CompTIA. I think my employer will pay for maintenance fees (since they do for PMI membership). So I may take it on anyway.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.