Options

MCSA 2012 or 2016?

jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

With the MCSA 2016 out, would you guys say it's better to do 2016? Or continue with the MCSA 2012?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    eh...both!

Most industry will continue to use 2012 for a bit, and it would be advantageous to be knowledgeable in 2012 content. Moving up to 2016 will be a..what-you-know-plus a bit more...type of learning. Some content will be completely different but some will not. Start with 2012.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you can and have extensive experience with windows server go for 2016, otherwise I would say 2012 only because there are a ton of resources to help you.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say if you are going for something now that server 2012 would be the one to get, especially if you have already been studying for it. It will be some time before businesses start widely deploying 2016 at the enterprise level. Netsysllc made another good point - there is plenty of material available already for 2012 whereas 2016 might be scarce to find study material.

In the end you can do both but I would vote for 2012 first.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 2012 is now and will be relevant for many years to come. I've been in many environments which are even still using 2008R2! Most places aren't going to dive into upgrading to 2016 so I would say to go for the 2012 and then upgrade to the 2016. As others have pointed out, there are plenty of study materials for the 2012 as well which will make it a lot easier to study for
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    I'm going to attend MCSA 2012 Server course starting this month. Wish me luck. :)
  • Options
    jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What material do you guys recommend for the MCSA 2012?