Help with Certifications

JanitorJanitor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I'm a Sophmore at LSU who recently switched from Computer Science to Information Systems and Decision Sciences (with a concentration in Information Technology), and I've been working as an IT Help Desk/Support Technician Since I've started school (about 1.5 years now). Right now im interested in beginning to start work on certifications (Wanting to obtain a MCSA: Windows Server 2012) but im kind of lost on where to begin, and what I should start with.

Im also interested any other certifications that might help me in the future or that people would recommend pursuing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What type of role are you looking at getting into once you finish school? What interests you the most?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • 80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Switch Back to CS
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP
  • dlvega0030dlvega0030 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it depends where you want to go.
    I am currently in a Network Analyst position, with CCNA. Now beginning to gather material for CCNP R&S. I would like to take a design position (mostly because the schedule on my current job can make me stay a couple of extra hours). While gathering material for the Design certification (CCDA), I found lots of opinions to get the CCNP first, since knowing about troubleshooting would be overall beneficial.
    And also, while looking more in depth into CCDA, the security certification also surfaced, since... how do you expect to design a stable network if you don't take into account the possible security measures to be taken?
    So, I have lots of studying to do. But more or less this route should help me get the position I want in the future, and also learn a lot in the way.
    This MIGHT not be an optimal route. I am open to suggestions as well.
    I hope you get what you want int the near future