Options

100-105 / 200-105

NightfallxNightfallx Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
does anyone know if they use recycled questions from 200-101, and 100-101? I have a ton of study material and practice exams for the older CCNA but I don't want to buy new study material.

Comments

• Options
    the.thrillseekersthe.thrillseekers Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nightfallx wrote: »
    does anyone know if they use recycled questions from 200-101, and 100-101? I have a ton of study material and practice exams for the older CCNA but I don't want to buy new study material.

I imagine certain things might be recycled like osi, ospf, rip, eigrp, subnetting...
  • Options
    I imagine certain things might be recycled like osi, ospf, rip, eigrp, subnetting...

oh okay, I wasn't sure if anyone knew if the questions were recycled. I plan on just studying my old material then in that case.

thanks
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    about 90% of the new exam covers the same topics as the previous exam. So, you have same topics that they expect you to know the same things about. So, I'd guess the questions are going to be pretty similar.

But, there is quite a few new things that were added to the new exam. You don't study those new topics, you are not going to pass.

If you don't want to purchase new materials, you can always see what you can find for free. Check to see what the new topics are and google them. I'm sure you will find lots of information. Probably not in a nice "you need to know this for the ccna" format. But, the information is out there.
  • Options
    clarson wrote: »
    about 90% of the new exam covers the same topics as the previous exam. So, you have same topics that they expect you to know the same things about. So, I'd guess the questions are going to be pretty similar.

But, there is quite a few new things that were added to the new exam. You don't study those new topics, you are not going to pass.

If you don't want to purchase new materials, you can always see what you can find for free. Check to see what the new topics are and google them. I'm sure you will find lots of information. Probably not in a nice "you need to know this for the ccna" format. But, the information is out there.

I have a pluralsight account and a udemy account. I'll look there for new courses.
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you compare the exam topics and the chapters from the offical cert guide you can get an idea of the overlap. I would say it's a good idea to try and learn as much of the new stuff as possible. You never know what questions you'll get on the exam.
  • Options
    WastedHat wrote: »
    If you compare the exam topics and the chapters from the offical cert guide you can get an idea of the overlap. I would say it's a good idea to try and learn as much of the new stuff as possible. You never know what questions you'll get on the exam.

which one did you take? 100-105 or 100-101
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most of the exams will be the same, especially for the ICND1 (100-105). A good place to find a lot of input about how things have changed is of course the forums and threads here, relating to CCNA studies, as well as Reddit's CCNA. I used that before I knew about Tech Exams and it was immensely helpful for finding free resources.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took 100-101 just before it got updated so I looked into the diffrences before. I got a copy of the offical 100-105 book as a bundle and read the new chapters, RIP and 3 chapters on device management. I believe there are smaller changes throughout the book as well but nothing major. A bit more focus on troubleshooting if anything.

I agree with clarson, you can find all the info online, it's just not as friendly as going through chapters of a study guide style book. I'm not as fimiliar with the old ICND2 course but the obvious change was they dropped Frame Relay and added eBGP. What materials are you using?