Options

CISSP Where do I begin?

WillievWilliev Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed the SY0-401 Sec+ CE test in December ..... Now.. Moving on....I've decided that I'm going to start studying for the CISSP Cert.

Where do I begin? What should i study? Any free study guides? ETC......

Comments

• Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Sec+. For the CISSP I used cybrary.it, Sybex 7th edition, and McGraw Hill (https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com//sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl). I used a couple of others such as FedVTE and Skillsoft but don't think I learned much from them but the Skillsoft practice tests were a help.

You will see on here most will recommend Sybex 7th and cybrary.it.
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Concur with dhay13

There is a large industry devoted to CISSP training, such as bootcamps, 1000 page tomes, etc.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's your background? DO you have 5 years experience across 2 of the 8 domains? Or a degree and 4 years? The CISSP exam is a totally different beast from the Sec+. Sec+ is an entry level cert for security... CISSP quite advanced... think of the Sec+ as high school and the CISSP as a masters degree as an analogy
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    dhay13 wrote: »
    Congrats on the Sec+. For the CISSP I used cybrary.it, Sybex 7th edition, and McGraw Hill (https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com//sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl). I used a couple of others such as FedVTE and Skillsoft but don't think I learned much from them but the Skillsoft practice tests were a help.

You will see on here most will recommend Sybex 7th and cybrary.it.

thanks didn't know about this McGraw Hill site
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    thanks didn't know about this McGraw Hill site

It is still based off the old 10 domain exam but the questions are still relevant and will give you an idea of where you need help.
  • Options
    TXCISSPTXCISSP Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jcundiff wrote: »
    What's your background? DO you have 5 years experience across 2 of the 8 domains? Or a degree and 4 years? The CISSP exam is a totally different beast from the Sec+. Sec+ is an entry level cert for security... CISSP quite advanced... think of the Sec+ as high school and the CISSP as a masters degree as an analogy

Haha! NO DOUBT! Great analogy!