Options

On the Fence About Joining IT Pro TV? -PLEASE READ and Join Before Price hike

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
On the Fence About Joining IT Pro TV? -PLEASE READ and Join Before Price hike

Hey Guys,

I'm a member of IT PRO TV. I think it's definitely worth it, because you get the training videos, virtual labs, and the transcender practice tests.

I found out today that the price of the IT PRO TV subscription will go up soon. ( 1st quarter 2017).

Please see this link for more info
https://itpro.tv/upcoming-pricing-and-plans-changes/?returnTo=1

When will this change take effect?
This change will take place some time in the first quarter of 2017. If you are not yet a paying member, now is the time to subscribe! If you subscribe today, you will lock in the current pricing for Premium Annual and Monthly memberships.

mods I hope this thread doesn't sound to preachy or like a sales push.

I'm just trying to help the members at TE save some money
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Do you have other subscriptions to similar services or a collection of unwatched Udemy (stack etc) videos?

What are you planning to study?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Currently I'm study for the 70-410. My goal is to have the MCSA 2012 R2 cert before the end of 2017.
    This is a hard exam to study for....
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Currently a member from Australia and those new prices are damn steep. The premium account is getting close to CBT Nuggets level.
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    never heard of this site until now. How does the quality of the content compare to CBTNuggets ?
  • Options
    I found this link http://join.itpro.tv/promo/

Says 30% off and the premium will cost only $399. I'm thinking about signing up
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to clarify a few things.

1) I have listed a link to the current plan\/price below:

Please see this link (this is the current plan/price)
    https://itpro.tv/plans/

2) Yes, you can get a discount on the membership by going here:

Link for discount
    http://join.itpro.tv/promo/

3) THE PRICE FOR an IT pro subscription will be going UP soon!!!!
    Please see this link for more info
    https://itpro.tv/upcoming-pricing-an...es/?returnTo=1

3)
    @MItM MitM never heard of this site until now. How does the quality of the content compare to CBTNuggets?

Here is a short video(5 minutes) that can better explain the ITPROTV concept.
    https://youtu.be/euPMF1PJKUY

As far as differences when compared to CBT Nuggets:

It Pro TV has more virtual labs
    The instructors talk to you, and you're NOT staring at a white board.
    I feel the instructors at IT Pro TV are more engaging.

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    @NetworkingStudent thanks for the info.

I see I can buy their CISSP (and other courses) on Amazon Video. I may just do that
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I get a email from them at least every other month with a 50% of discount code...
  • Options
    if you have a valid 50% code, kindly send it my way :)
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Currently I'm study for the 70-410. My goal is to have the MCSA 2012 R2 cert before the end of 2017.
    This is a hard exam to study for....

Yes, MS are challenging to study from scratch. The video course won't be enough on its own. The way I use the videos is as a bonus extra on top of reading and labbing. They are good for when you are too tired to read or do work, or to listen/watch when you are doing something else (commuting, cooking, playing CIV6 etc).

The 70-410 course is 22 hours, so fairly substantial, and together with the included labs (21 separate labs) would probably be similar to a 5 day official MS course. You could probably get through the whole thing in a month, so you could just do a monthly subscription.

I haven't watched any of their MS courses yet, but I've had a glance, and as far as video on demand courseware goes, it doesn't look too bad. Most of the courses have 2 presenters, so it's not just a talking head for hours on end, and feels a little bit more like a real classroom experience.

They also have the other Server 2012 and 2016 MCSA exam courses, so you if you did take the year subscription, you could do those as well. Or any of the others.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The discount code ALMOSTFREE will get you 50% off the 1 year subscription cost.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
  • Options
    DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    The 70-410 course is 22 hours, so fairly substantial, and together with the included labs (21 separate labs) would probably be similar to a 5 day official MS course. You could probably get through the whole thing in a month, so you could just do a monthly subscription.

This was my initial thought when I signed up but I ended up liking the content and the access to the transcender exams, so I changed to the yearly model. It's not like you are going to stop at 1 cert so if you sign up with a discount code you keep that subscription until you cancel.

Now I'm not going to say that the classes are going to guarantee that you pass, but they do present the information in a real world scenario that helps you to understand the concepts much better. Also consider you aren't just paying for the video content but the access to the exams and labs as well so IMO it is a great investment if you are serious about your IT future. Also if you have a Roku they have a channel so watching on TV gives a different experience then always sitting behind a keyboard or in front of a book
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While I think they are great I agree with a lot of sentiment here in the thread. Making it $850 is losing why people took to them in mass. Because they were beating the guy at CBT Nuggets.

Also CBT Nuggets has revamped their stuff to stay current in the market. They don't make you get an annual subscription for the extra anymore. There's no limit on exams in a month. They offer multiple vendors for the practice exams if it is available.

The premium labs are silly. Have you done CEH labs? Dont. I did it though the iLabs and its a waste.

I think they are just ******* off the userbase and the whole its not a powerpoint its a live talkshow gets lost on some people.

Will I keep the membership? Yes until it doesn't make sense to do so.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love the labs and the Transender exams, I also feel like I would enjoy hanging out with the guys that host the shows. I do feel that I get more out of reading but it is nice to have video content to reinforce what I have read. I will probably continue month to month until I start WGU.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    I liked ITPROTV. I was paying 28 a month. I left CBT for ITPRO because ITPRO offered CASP. Then my work paid for my CBT subscription, so I went back to CBT. I really like Keith Barker and Jeremy Oxxxxx's courses. I'm doing the CCNA course right now, and so far, so good!

ITPRO was fun to watch though. The hosts are funny and it almost has the oldscreensavers feel to it.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITPRO was fun to watch though. The hosts are funny and it almost has the oldscreensavers feel to it.

Totally, I thought I read somewhere that they were inspired by screen savers.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm tempted to grab the year subscription for 50% off. I love CBT Nuggets though and am so use to thier training methods. Does anyone know if CBT runs any sales? As of right now its costing me an arm and a leg, this IT pro site seems to be more reasonable.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The only sale you will get is the multi year agreement. Brings the membership down to $68/month or $800 a year.

Drethyl wrote: »
    I'm tempted to grab the year subscription for 50% off. I love CBT Nuggets though and am so use to thier training methods. Does anyone know if CBT runs any sales? As of right now its costing me an arm and a leg, this IT pro site seems to be more reasonable.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    I have annual subscription to ITproTV. I received a 50% off this recent Christmas sale. I think there material is awesome. They are nice, polite and competent, people who are sometimes very funny. I passed Both A+ exam using their material. I don't regret it at all. I watch them everyday. I was going to go with CBT Nugget at first, but there prices are too high. Plus with a Annual subscription to ITproTV i can download and burn the lesson to a cd and hear it in my car during commute. I highly recommend them. 2 Thumbs up!
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I subscribe to ITProTV and I feel it's well worth it. Whenever I'm not studying for a particular exam, I like to browse their catalog and knock out a quick video. Helps to fill in gaps and make me aware of other technologies I haven't touched yet. It doesn't hurt that they gave me a 60% veterans discount to boot. Good guys all around.
  • Options
    CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think ITProTV is worth it as well. I like the talk show vibe and I feel like it's something that I could watch regularly. My favorite instructors of ITProTV are Don Pezet and Ronnie Wong, the others are good.

However, if you're on a time crunch, some of their courses can get a bit long-winded. I remember trying to use them for Network+, but I stopped less than half-way through because I didn't have a lot of time. I think their Net+ series was 50+ hours long or something like that. Not only that, but they would ramble a lot too. This was just for the Network+ and I'm not saying that all of their courses are like that.