Options

CCSP question

dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
Started studying for the CCSP the other day and notice quite a bit of familiarity in the study materials. I recently completed the CISSP and seems to be quite a bit of overlap here so far. At this point I have only watched Kelly Handerhan on cybrary.it. I also watched the Cloud+ video on cybrary and saw the same familiar topics there.

So how much overlap is there? Anything in particular I should focus on that is separate from the CISSP material? I think I am good with the overlapping stuff so would rather focus on topics that are unique to the CCSP.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Same here, just starting and Kelly video is relatively basic after cissp.
    Doing some practices questions on cccure you'll notice the gap! There is new vocabulary and terms to learn. Not a lot, but some.
    How much do you plan to study before taking the exam?
    I think 2 months to read the material and going through the 200 questions on ccure, and a big focus on reviewing for the last week and half.
  • Options
    No timeline yet. When I feel I am ready I will take it. I am pretty confident I could at least be close to passing it now but won't take it until I am sure.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One other thing to consider is your CPE period, take the exam during your CPE period so you can count the time spend/exam pass or preparation towards your CISSP CPE's.
  • Options
    SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started with CSA Guide V3.0. Next: The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK 2nd Edition
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    One other thing to consider is your CPE period, take the exam during your CPE period so you can count the time spend/exam pass or preparation towards your CISSP CPE's.

Yeah. That's why I waited to start my next cert. My CPE cycle has already started so looking to get started. Also need some for my CompTIA certs too but may be able to use the CISSP for that. I received my Sec+ in March 2016 so renewed the A+ and N+ with that, and officially passed the CISSP (received endorsement confirmation) in December 2016 so should be able to use CISSP for those but have to contact them to verify that.
  • Options
    SkyBlue wrote: »
    I started with CSA Guide V3.0. Next: The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK 2nd Edition

Good info. I will check that out. Thanks for that.
  • Options
  • Options
    InfoSec99InfoSec99 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    Yeah. That's why I waited to start my next cert. My CPE cycle has already started so looking to get started. Also need some for my CompTIA certs too but may be able to use the CISSP for that. I received my Sec+ in March 2016 so renewed the A+ and N+ with that, and officially passed the CISSP (received endorsement confirmation) in December 2016 so should be able to use CISSP for those but have to contact them to verify that.

Recently got my CISSP and I am now looking to work towards the CCSP. The ISC2 offered CCSP online training is 40 CPEs, so if I take that will it satisfy my Group A CPE requirements for CISSP? I also understand that the online CCSP training has mixed reviews but it may be an option to get the CPE's in one shot to meet the CISSP requirements and at the same time gain some CCSP knowledge. Is my understanding correct ?
  • Options
    ddaygloddayglo Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan on the CCSP after the CISSP; the 40 CPE's are a nice plus :)

I would consider the CCSK videos, materials, and Cert as a prereq for the CCSP.

The CCSK is an online test and wasn't that hard.....