Options

Don't have a degree yet, only bootcamp edu. Applying @ usajobs??

kbrunlvl6kbrunlvl6 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I found this forum by chance a few days ago and lurked until making an account last night finally, this is my first post. To get straight to it, I don't have a degree, and I been trying to change careers into the IT field since late 2013 when I was accepted to attend a Linux bootcamp. This morning I saw someone mention usajobs and went to go check it out and found a few IT positions that I was thinking of applying for. I don't have much actual IT work experience just 2 jobs so far(neither were a right fit really), some certs but no degree. Should I still apply anyway or do I need more experience first?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's hard to say without knowing the job's prerequisites, or you work experience. If you read the job duties and think you'd be successful fulfilling that role, apply, even if you don't meet their minimum requirements--the worst they can say is "no."
  • Options
    kbrunlvl6kbrunlvl6 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's true also, thanks for the reply! I guess I was just nervous as my career change is still so fresh and it's been a bit rocky, but I've learned alot about where/what I don't want to be doing through trial and error. Gonna work on my resume and give it a shot though.