Options

Help please regarding internship application. (Network +, Security +)

thexfilesthexfiles Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
The question that I have is simple. I am signing up for an internship. (One that I was a part of last year but am trying to add options) last year I did administration. This year I am hoping I can do IT if possible.

I was asked this question and was told to rewrite my answer. My previous answer explained that I will be acquiring skills through taking the courses. I was basically told I should write about my marketability based on what I might learn in my upcoming program.
- I was told I should write about my marketability based on what I might learn in my upcoming program.

[5. What skills do you have that would be beneficial to an employer? (500 words or less)]

I will be taking a professional development CISCO track that last one year that includes hands-on experience and lab work. The first cohort of courses that I will be attending.

Security Fundamentals - 18 hours
Cybersecurity - Web Security I -15 hours
Job Preparation Skills for IT Professionals - 9 hours
Cybersecurity - Web Security II -15 hours
Network + Certification Training and
Exam Prep -40 hours
Security + Certification Training and
Exam Prep -40 hours

The problem is besides being proficient in Microsoft office. I Do not have marketable skills in IT.

What would you say knowing that I will have my Network + and Security + before the internships would start? I probably would not even get calls for the positions until June.

Basically, I'd be lying about skills that I currently have based on the skills that I will acquire getting Network +, Security + and other hands-on experience to including web design, programming, working with Linux.

Any help will be appreciated. The problem is I need to turn this application ASAP but I won't do interviews for it until summer time. I will have completed the first cohort by then. I am also planning on enrolling in WGU Security and acquiring all those certificates if that makes any difference.

[5. What skills do you have that would be beneficial to an employer? (500 words or less)] I am not asking you to write it but to just give me an idea of some skill sets employers want that would be beneficial to them or give value to them.

All help is greatly appreciated Thank you!