Mr.Robot ( TV show)

grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
What a badass show! only 7 episodes deep. Really how the story so far and all the hacker approach and networking thats portrayed in the show.

Can't wait to catch the 2600 reference in episode 7.
1776 is the answer to 1984!

Comments

• Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great show. Just finished season 2.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I watched season 1 and then started 2, but after episode 3 or 4 it really got weird, way to psycho thriller for me. Does it normalize or get weirder? My wife was completely done so I'll have to watch myself.
  • vanillagorilla3vanillagorilla3 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I watched season 1 and then started 2, but after episode 3 or 4 it really got weird, way to psycho thriller for me. Does it normalize or get weirder? My wife was completely done so I'll have to watch myself.

Completely agree. The first season was awesome, but the second season felt like a different show. I had to stop watching it.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Same, season 1 was fantastic. Season 2 got too weird and was playing too many games. I stopped watching.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Same, season 1 was fantastic. Season 2 got too weird and was playing too many games. I stopped watching.

I'm still watching, but Season 2 is definitely not as good. I loved the technical hacks and social engineering in the first season. Season 2 is out there, but hey, I'm vested in the characters now.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wasn't able to watch it past 2nd episode. Sucks IMO.
    The producer, writer took the liberties to no longer use the director and decided to direct himself. Sam Esmail(SP)? Total fail if you ask me.....

Sounds like a power monger, we've seen this rodeo before in IT, haven't we gang? ;)
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you didn't enjoy it and want something a little more Hardware/Geeky I'd recommend checking out Halt & Catch fire. :)
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Completely agree. The first season was awesome, but the second season felt like a different show. I had to stop watching it.

Totally agree, season 2 later on ruined a great show. Hopefully S3 will be more like S1
    I read that they are realigning it back to tech oriented for Season 3.
    Halt and Catch Fire is also good but a little dry. If you can stomach the high-cheese content, Christian Slaters TV show "Breaking In" had a decent first season.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Season1 was GREAT!!

Season 2 just got into this whole split personality thing blah....blah....... I just couldn't force myself to watch.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So happy someone brought up Halt and Catch Fire. I love that show but not many people talk about it.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't watched season 2 of Mr. Robot yet, but I did like season 1. Another interesting show is Black Mirror. It's a techie Twightlight Zone.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    I haven't watched season 2 of Mr. Robot yet, but I did like season 1. Another interesting show is Black Mirror. It's a techie Twightlight Zone.

That may be my next binge watch. I think Stranger Things was one of the best I've seen in a while.... The OA was pretty interesting but definitely weird.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I finished Mr. Robot S2, yep it got strange, but definitely had to finish it...when is S3 coming out? can't wait!

Here is a link of geek flicks

IMDb: ThE BeSt HaCkiNg & CoMpUTeR GeeK MoViEs - a list by AwAiSThEPhEnOm
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    Totally agree, season 2 later on ruined a great show. Hopefully S3 will be more like S1

That's what happens when a screenwriter tries to direct.....
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After reading through the posts, I am not going to watch this show :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Show was awesome. The 2nd season just messed with your head . It almost engulfs you into the mind of a schizo hacker.

As far as tech, Silicon Valley is still my favorite.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Season 1 drew you in and Season 2 takes you for a whirlwind. I think to understand the show a little better, you have to have the same narrative as the main character Elliot. That's how I interpreted the show.

Season 2 was still hacking oriented though. I personally love this show because not only does it satisfy my tech side but also keeps me entertained with the character development and direction the story is going.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dontstop wrote: »
    If you didn't enjoy it and want something a little more Hardware/Geeky I'd recommend checking out Halt & Catch fire. :)

Thanks for mentioning. I'm going to watch it.
  • lumenitelumenite Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□

Exactly. Got in 3rd or 4th episode and it was so weird. stopped watching.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As far as tech, Silicon Valley is still my favorite.

Silicon Valley is great except for the episode where he set the box down on the delete key during the FTP session and deleted most of the p*rn company's data. The episode was hilarious, but that highly impossible action just pissed me off.