Options

Crappiest Exam I'm Going to Take CEHv9

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaSeenoLaSeeno Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    stop complaining about opportunity.

I won't complain about an "easy" test that employers will be knocking on my door for. Whatever gets me a raise!
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What's the audit process like? I assume you passed with a high score in a low amount of time which set off some flags. I anticipate the same situation when i take it in a few weeks so would like to know what to prepare for.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The prebuilt message that was posted above for WGU satisfied them. I also explained to them that I used their material (iLearn and iLab) along with some self study material. Waited 24 hours and the approval came in my inbox.
    What's the audit process like? I assume you passed with a high score in a low amount of time which set off some flags. I anticipate the same situation when i take it in a few weeks so would like to know what to prepare for.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The audit process is really nothing. I received one myself. They just want to know what official course you took in order to facilitate the prerequisites which is 2 years work experience or an official ec-council course.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    But wait! There's more to this special offer come completion of this completely underwhelming cert! Just wait until you have access to that richly desired access to the message board - when up and running. Provided you can actually log in you can read drivelling non-sequitur, wannabe newb hacker posts that rant endlessly about feats of hacking only reserved for top state sponsored actors.

Other goodies include but not limited to LinkedIn discussion - see above.
    Endless mind numbing emails from people whose names you could never begin to pronounce effectively.
    And yet another negative revenue stream courtesy in the form of yet another AMF!
    I am sure something was missed here like changing ones email address and other administrative snafus but we'll leave those for you to discover on your own.

The benefits are truly endless with the CEH but I am convinced an overall negative on the US GDP.

EC Council (of personal enrichment) is a terrible organization but the first to market so we are stuck with them.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Its like we are talking about the Comcast of certifications. Don't like the cap on your certificate? That's a fee.
    beads wrote: »
    But wait! There's more to this special offer come completion of this completely underwhelming cert! Just wait until you have access to that richly desired access to the message board - when up and running. Provided you can actually log in you can read drivelling non-sequitur, wannabe newb hacker posts that rant endlessly about feats of hacking only reserved for top state sponsored actors.

Other goodies include but not limited to LinkedIn discussion - see above.
    Endless mind numbing emails from people whose names you could never begin to pronounce effectively.
    And yet another negative revenue stream courtesy in the form of yet another AMF!
    I am sure something was missed here like changing ones email address and other administrative snafus but we'll leave those for you to discover on your own.

The benefits are truly endless with the CEH but I am convinced an overall negative on the US GDP.

EC Council (of personal enrichment) is a terrible organization but the first to market so we are stuck with them.

- b/eads
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    Doing the iLabs. DONT. DO. THESE. EC-Council cannot be pushed to install the software they want you to use in the labs. Most of your lab is logging into servers, installing software, to see some software you will not use in the real world!

The iLabs: I haven't seen much posted about these. At the beginning of this year I almost talked myself into doing CEH for learning value because a former coworker once showed me an CEH iLabs demo--for about 2 minutes he logged into to the labs and it did seem decent enough on the surface. I've since changed my mind.

So how do the CEH iLabs compare to the eJPT Hera experience?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    What I like about eJPT Hera is that it uses Kali Linux with all the tools that are built in. So you aren't really installing anything (I think Nessus might be the only exception). All the tools are what you would use in the real world. iLabs you have to install everything. We aren't talking anything other than pure next next finish. Which is silly when you're paying for the privilege. Signing in and installing software is essentially half the labs. The other is using the software and hoping it is not broken.
    yoba222 wrote: »
    The iLabs: I haven't seen much posted about these. At the beginning of this year I almost talked myself into doing CEH for learning value because a former coworker once showed me an CEH iLabs demo--for about 2 minutes he logged into to the labs and it did seem decent enough on the surface. I've since changed my mind.

So how do the CEH iLabs compare to the eJPT Hera experience?

• Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey just passed my CEH last night as well. Thanks for your advice. When will I receive any type of notification?
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, Murph!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    OfftopicOfftopic Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This thread is a bit of speed bump for me. I was hoping to enhance my hands on expreience with some of labs and tools used in CEH hoping that it will round up my cissp even more. I didnt plan to get the cert, just wanted to get some experience with tools such as nmap abx nessus etc that CEH covers.
    Are they all outdsted?
  • Options
    I would download Kali. Its free and there's a bunch of guides out there that will help facilitate that. The CEH does not pull from their labs much for the exam.
    Offtopic wrote: »
    This thread is a bit of speed bump for me. I was hoping to enhance my hands on expreience with some of labs and tools used in CEH hoping that it will round up my cissp even more. I didnt plan to get the cert, just wanted to get some experience with tools such as nmap abx nessus etc that CEH covers.
    Are they all outdsted?

• Options
    OfftopicOfftopic Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This thread mentions repeatedly that labs are using outdated tools.
    Which tools exactly are outdated and which ones ahave replaced them in real life?
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I to passed this underwhelming exam yesterday and all i can say is WWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW. The questions are terrible, and not just because of the grammar. It's because they literally are just common sense and basicnetworking/security stuff. The security plus i took back in 2015 was 10x harder than this exam.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    I apologize. I know I am late. Congrats on the pass!
    Hey just passed my CEH last night as well. Thanks for your advice. When will I receive any type of notification?

• Options
    Late again. Its not that you're going to find security tools that you like to be outdated. However CEH has you cover stuff like Nanny software. Ill see if I can find my bookmarks and report back more software.
    Offtopic wrote: »
    This thread mentions repeatedly that labs are using outdated tools.
    Which tools exactly are outdated and which ones ahave replaced them in real life?

• Options
    Glad you share the sentiment. Its the nmap exam for the most part with a sprinkle of common sense.
    McxRisley wrote: »
    I to passed this underwhelming exam yesterday and all i can say is WWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW. The questions are terrible, and not just because of the grammar. It's because they literally are just common sense and basicnetworking/security stuff. The security plus i took back in 2015 was 10x harder than this exam.

• Options
    Surprise! I'm being audited as well! what do they want? well, they want absolutely everything I gave them during the eligibility process....... I guess when an experienced professional takes thier exam they feel the need to scrutinize them.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    an hour later and my cert has been released whoopydy-doooooo
  • Options
    haha. I had my school provide an answer since they use them as an academic partner. Glad you got it!
    McxRisley wrote: »
    an hour later and my cert has been released whoopydy-doooooo