Options

Odom's Part Review Questions (PCPT) vs. the Real thing

dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
On a scale of "ya" to "na" without breaking your NDA, how accurate are Odom's Part Review questions compared to the real thing in regards to difficulty? I find some of the questions a little poorly worded and tricky, while others are easy and gimmies.

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dontstop wrote: »
    I find some of the questions a little poorly worded and tricky, while others are easy and gimmies.
    That's essentially every test I have ever taken. Whether it be Microsoft, CompTIA, or Cisco. Odom's questions are very good. Just take your time and make sure you read it clearly. It is often easy to read the question too quick to understand what it is they're actually asking.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is often easy to read the question too quick to understand what it is they're actually asking.

Pretty much this.
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I was doing ICND1 v2 I found the part review questions to be the hardest questions I've come accross. There was just so many details, I had to read it over and over trying to to find the discrepancies. They may be different now with v3.

The ICND2 v3 part review questions were less detailed, although there was one that was ridiculous and totally put me off part review, when I eventually went back to it I noticed it was gone. I've found quite a few mistakes in the part review and pratice exam questions, if you hit the "Leave Feedback" button Odom will eventually e-mail you back about it and either remove or update the question accordingly so it benifits everyone if you leave some feedback.

I've just done a round of Boson pratice exams and it was the same, theres quite a few mistakes and some sim quites can't be answered because it doesn't allow you to use the appropriate show commands. Which is disappointing considering how much people are paying.