Watches - what do you wear?

Master DelgadoMaster Delgado Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
On the job, what watch do you wear? Is it a beater that you don't mind knocking against server racks? Or is it a dress watch if you have to work in an office setting?

Comments

• tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Me, dress watch ( Seiko) 10 yr anniversary gift. ( Laid off at yr 11). Take if of when needed. Current boss has a *** whatever it is watch thing that gets email. He does all his emailing from there. All I ask is why ??
  • Rave18Rave18 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□

Casio CA56-1 Classic Digital 8-Digit Calculator Watch
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    iWatch Gen 1
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    None, I haven't worn a watch since High school, I don't like anything on my hands/wrists. I usually don't even wear my wedding ring most of the time, to my Wife displeasure. I use my phone for a watch. Wife wanted to get me a fitbit for xmas, but I told her don't bother, I will not wear it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a Mondaine Swiss Railways watch that I wear most days, it's about as much as an iwatch. I wore it all the time when I was in a workstation support position and it didn't get beat up too bad. Once I hit Engineer I'll get myself the higher end Mondaine or Shinola (American Made).
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Giv2Giv2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't wear a watch. Use my phone everytime.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    None, I haven't worn a watch since High school, I don't like anything on my hands/wrists. I usually don't even wear my wedding ring most of the time, to my Wife displeasure. I use my phone for a watch. Wife wanted to get me a fitbit for xmas, but I told her don't bother, I will not wear it.

I'm like that too. Rings, watches, bracelets; I even avoid long sleeves unless they're really loose-fitting at the wrist.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used to be a big watch guy back in the day, the cell phones came along, and then smart phones came along, and all of a sudden, I didnt need a watch, a rolodex, an address book, a calendar on the wall or desk and a whole bunch of other stuff lol

That being said, I recently discovered Original Grain who make wood based watches including a couple models made from reclaimed whisky barrels... that I am trying hard not to buy... they are not bad on price at around 200.00

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    FITBIT Charge 2.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I'm a big horology fan/connoisseur although I refuse to spend too much on one single watch. My dad taught me that a gentleman always wears a watch so you will never see me with a naked wrist. My collection is mostly Seikos', a couple of Orients, a few Welders, couple of Panerai homage pieces, and a few Puma and Casio beaters. I work in an office setting so daily wear is one of the Seiko Kinetics.
  • 518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    no cellphone (or any electronic device) allowed where I work, so I have a wrist watch. I dont really need a watch, I just like having one.
  • TNboundTNbound Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Suunto, Citizen, luminix, depends what I am going to do.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I wear a Moto 360. Had a Pebble for a while, but the Moto has a lot more features. I'm able to respond to texts messages using voice to text, check calendar events, track calories, etc. all without pulling my phone out of my pocket.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A C.K. watch typically. It's not too expensive to where you'd have to worry about it that much (like $150 max probably, was given to me for Christmas though) but would like a Movado, just kind of pricey and probably better options out there for the money. I feel totally weird wearing a dress shirt and tie without a watch, it's essential.

Hell if I really know anything about watches anyway. Really doubt I could tell anything about the price of a watch unless I was close enough to see the brand. I know my brother has some decent watches, and the one cheap-o watch he bought broke already lol. Those wood watches look cool though, have seen them online. 100% not a fan of smart watches lol, which are totally common in the IT field. Seriously, I do not want to be connected to the world all the time. I leave my phone home when I work out, I don't eat lunch with my phone next to me. It is good to step away for a bit in my opinion.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have a Citizen Eco-Drive one at home but usually wear my Apple Watch around.
  • amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□

Bought this in Kuwait as a present to myself for a successful tour in Iraq and safe return home. It's been on my wrist ever since. Was serviced a few years back (new battery, minor re-calibration) and could use some cleaning and polishing now. With that said, it's served me well.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Typically I wear my FitBit Blaze - very handy for cycling. Though I have a Movado Sapphire that I am absolutely in love with. I only wear it on special occasions.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    ...a gentleman always wears a watch so you will never see me with a naked wrist.

I concur. I feel weird on the rare days I forget to grab a watch. There have been times I've shot the guys a text that I have a quick errand and I've gone back home to get one. :)

I have a Fitbit and a Garmin for workouts, but I only wear an analog watch to work. Nothing fancy, I usually grab a $100 Fossil or something that looks nice but doesn't bother me if hear a *clank* against something, which tends to happen.

Someone somewhere in Texas (according the tags on the car) may be wearing a new $35,000 Rolex to their office...the jewelry store across the street from our office was robbed this past Saturday afternoon. Rule of thumb, only allow one expensive ass watch to be out of a case at a time.
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the Gear S2 classic and thinking about getting the S3 frontier or classic, not sure yet. I own 2 fossils and 4 G-Shocks with a bunch of other watches I don't know the name of.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No phones in my building so a watch is imperative. I wear this Fossil. Cost about $280.00. Self Winding.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No phones? Do you work for a government organization?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe the Security Surveillance department at my company doesn't allow phones while they are working, but definitely curious why other people on here can't have phones on them as well. (non-gov org here)
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    No phones? Do you work for a government organization?

Yes. Gov secure spaces do not allow any devices that emit any kind of signal RF, Blutooth, Wifi. We also still use read only CD's to transfer data quite often. No usb of any kind.
  • hinsdahl00hinsdahl00 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I rotate through a couple of Seikos and the G-Shock Gulfman I am currently wearing. The Casio has proven it can take a beating in the LAN room.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Tag Heuer and a few not worth mentioning.

My dream watch is an Omega Speedmaster followed by a Rolex Submariner.

Time pieces are, in my opinion, conversation pieces. Wearing one in a professional environment is essential, regardless if the people you work with are the opposite lol.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    figured there would be more smartwatches here....

I got a Samsung S2, and I have a Pebble Time
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • 518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FillAwful wrote: »
    Yes. Gov secure spaces do not allow any devices that emit any kind of signal RF, Blutooth, Wifi. We also still use read only CD's to transfer data quite often. No usb of any kind.

Unless your IronKey has been approved by an O-4 and above, then I will let you use a USB device.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Fitbit Blaze. I used to wear a Microsoft Band, though.

I typically dislike jewelry of any kind. My Dad was a heavy equipment mechanic and lost part of a finger because his wedding ring got caught on an engine block as it was being dropped into place. I don't want to put my hand with a piece of metal into an electrically charged piece of equipment. Hit the wrong thing and ZAP! OUCH!

I like fitness/smart watches, though. Not so much because I'm active and want to see how active I am, but because of how inactive I can be. If I see a tiny number, I'm going to be aware of it and work to get a higher number. No competition other than myself.

Plus, I like the notifications.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    byron66 wrote: »
    I have the Gear S2 classic and thinking about getting the S3 frontier or classic, not sure yet. I own 2 fossils and 4 G-Shocks with a bunch of other watches I don't know the name of.

I have a Gear S2 and thinking about getting a Gear S3 Frontier or a small Garmin fenix 5 when it becomes available.
    Before that I wore a titanium Seiko analog-digital watch (I think it is 10 years old now).
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fitbit Charge HR -- but I'm looking for a change...
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F