Options

Uh Oh! Taking 200-105 on 1/13

CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I messed up... I didn't realize how quickly the testing center spots got filled up in January. On Monday I checked the dates and saw that the 18th was open... Perfect!. The only problem was that I had to wait for my mentor to approve the voucher, but as I type this, they still haven't approved it! Now the 13th is the only day available. It's Friday the 13th as well. icon_cry.gif All other dates are booked, so this is my only shot to take it. To add even more pressure, if I fail this class my Financial Aid is f**ed. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    cchingwacchingwa Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wish you all the best dude
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The exact same thing happened to me. I wanted to do it next week but I had to go with Friday 13th or wait until Feb. My own fault for leaving it so late.

Where are you? And good luck!
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Passed with a score of 860! icon_cheers.gif Going to take a short break before my next term at WGU starts on Feb 1st. Next term I'm going to try to get the CCNA:Sec and Linux+.

Used Odom for most of the "describe" objectives and NetAcad (version 2) for most of the configuration, verification, and troubleshooting objectives. The ICND2v3 companion guides aren't out yet, but most of the old NetAcad stuff for the ICND2v2 is still relevant. The NetAcad companion guides for ICND1v3 are available on SafariBooksOnline.

The best advice that I can give to you guys is to sign up for the CCNA bridging course on NetAcad.com. It covers a lot of the new topics in depth. It's free, but I'm not sure if it's open to everyone or just NetAcad students.

Other resources that I'd highly recommend are the official Cisco documents and the Cisco Learning Network. The Cisco Learning Network is definitely worth $11/month. The BGP, STP, and MPLS video series are great.
    WastedHat wrote: »
    The exact same thing happened to me. I wanted to do it next week but I had to go with Friday 13th or wait until Feb. My own fault for leaving it so late.

Where are you? And good luck!

I'm in the U.S.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome job on the pass, especially facing a deadline with Financial Aid! I went through something similar when I was finishing my BS there.

I'm not sure what learning resources WGU provides for CCNA Security, but I strongly recommend getting the Boson practice exam. Their questions were very close to what I experienced on the actual exam.

Best of luck with the rest of your curriculum!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    YEEEES! Congrats.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I can watch the playoff games tomorrow guilt-free. :)
  • Options
    What a good way to celebrate - passing your test, football, and pizza (you need to order pizza). Go Patriots!
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I failed mines today but I'm stocked for you, must be a good feeling to get it out the way.

And good luck with the other certs, I plan to go towards security too.
  • Options
    JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Excellent Score, Will be looking to take this exam at the end of march.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□