Passed this morning!

hellolinhellolin Member Posts: 107
843/900

To be honest, when I press the end review button, I really thought I have failed the test. That's how hard the test is, I end up ace it at the end.

This is a much harder test than I thought, the questions are extremely subjective, there are not one single question with a definate answer, simulation questions are hard, I got 5 of them. If you are not using the full 90 minutes of the test, there is a problem. Lots of question about networking, in the middle of the test I almost thought I was taking the network+ test. It is very hard to pass this test If you don't have any experience with networking, highly suggest anyone who don't have any work experience pass the network + first then try this test. I work as a software developer and this test was very hard for me, since I don't work with networking equipments all day, but I have a degree in IT and that kind of saved my day, else there is no way I pass it.

I used Gibson's website for this test, the book and the practice tests, please get it, you won't pass the test if you don't do his simulation questions, it was hard but his practice tests were spot on. Get your hands on some actual real life network design diagrams, that will help a lot too. Know where each security control is suppose to be used in real situations as well. I got a lot questions about security designs in general, that was a big surprise, it's purpose is to test if you can apply what you learned in studying security + in real life situations.

Anyway, If you have been working as a network administrator who had to work with some security appliances, this won't be too hard, but otherwise, you need to study a lot and prepare to be overwhelmed by the exam, good luck everyone!

Comments

• ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats, and yes you need to understand the stuff not memorize questions for this test...
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cbdcbd Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had the same feeling and thoughts just as you did. I never want to take it again!
    congrats on the pass!