Options

Should recertify SSCP or go for CISSP?

maronvomramaronvomra Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

My SSCP got expired last year and now that the syllabus got changed for both SSCP and CISSP was thinking should I do SSCP again and then CISSP or directly go for CISSP.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Forget retaking SSCP. You've already proven that you have the knowledge to pass the exam. Apply what you know to passing CISSP.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Why would you be looking at SSCP again if you already let it expire? Unless a job is requiring it don't waste your time trying to get it again just go for the CISSP.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Or you could go for the CASP as well.
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    SSCP as you well know is easy to pass, you could look at the CCSP instead, or just go for CISSP. If you go the CISSP route, take a look at transcender.com and their testing engine.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Although I have no experience with the SSCP if you have the experience to get the CISSP and that's the direction you want to go in I would say go for it and good luck!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    maronvomramaronvomra Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all for the suggestions. I decided to buy the kindle version for casp and read that while traveling to-from work.

Targeting CISSP then, will start with Shon Harris 7th edition. Last time I took CISSP was around 2013 and failed with 678. I just read Shon Harris, took a month to read it 2/3 times and went for exam. I never did sample questions for any certifications comptia,oracle,sans but this was the only one I actually looked at cccure for sample questions. Cryptography killed me in the exam and I realized it pretty well :) English is not my first language so had to read that whole question, translate it in my native language and then think of answer; specially these tricky questions.

SSCP was way straightforward and I had no issues at all with that. I immediately knew what the answer was in that.

Lets see what stored for me this time, should be interesting to sit again for 6hrs. Hope would be last time.

Thanks all.