Options

CSA+ or CASP

Mad76eMad76e Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was about to order some books and start the journey on my third certificate (CASP) when i stumbled on CSA+. The CSA+ looks very interesting and promising. I might take them both but which of them are hardest to get, CASP or CSA+

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CSA+ is new, but I believe it falls between Sec+ and CASP.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    CodeRed101CodeRed101 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do believe the CSA+ is meant to be an in-between Sec+ and CASP. At least that's what their website seems to say. From what it says it will test on it certainly does seem like a promising option. Just have to wonder, how quickly will it be picked up/recognized by organizations. Also, from what I have seen, it doesn't look like study material will be released until April/May. Have you seen differently?
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If the CASP books are any indication then I would have to say that CASP is much, much more difficult. The CSA+ exam was built around a basic understanding of how to secure end-points and how to read logs. I felt that most of the exam was common-sense sprinkled with Security+ knowledge. The CASP seems to require a deeper understanding of how and why you secure your systems.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I passed the CSA+ beta and the CASP in July of last year. The CASP had more risk management and system architecture content, while the CSA+ was focused on tools and procedures. The CSA+ was great since it questioned my weak domains (I've never been in a SECOPS role). But since I'm a Ninja, I was able to pass with no targeted study material... ;) The CASP was a cog-buster, it was like a much more technical CISSP. The CASPs content was a little dated,(RC4).
  • Options
    mrvl13mrvl13 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    " The CSA+ exam was built around a basic understanding of how to secure end-points and how to read logs. " That pretty much sums it up.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Take em both!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP