Options

Do I take Database Fundamentals 346 Or Just Jump right in with 461

JayzeewoodJayzeewood Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All

So I have been working with MySQL for the last few years and now we are moving to an SQL Server and I have to learn as I go. So I was wondering do I start from the beginning or do I go for it with the MCSA: SQL Server 461?

Comments

• Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you know MySQL fairly well and know your way around Databases sounds like the 461 will be the best approach?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certifications are there to show employers you have a proficiency in something. Is the 346 going to look good to your employer or future employer? If not, don't go for it. If you just need learn something get a book on it or watch videos on it.

Sounds like you've been working with it for a while now and 461 is the way to go if your looking to get a cert to show you really know your stuff.
  • Options
    ektorakosektorakos Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi mate! i started preparing a month ago for 461 and my knowledge and experience is by far less than yours. after reading the whole book i can tell you that i managed to understand everything in it. of course its so many things that i dont remember most of them so i have a long way to go still. but if i can understand this then you can also and if you understand what you read you will eventually learn it . please keep in mind that this is my opinion only and refers only for 461 . i dont know anything about 462 463 and their difficulty (this is one of my fears . that i might pass 461 and get stuck in the next two)