Options

Eating crow

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Had my second out of 3 interviews with the application development manager today. Things went really well and you know what kicked it off. My MS SQL certification, she said several of the business intelligence folks were trying to get this certification but haven't been able too. Not sure if that meant they hadn't gotten around to it or couldn't pass it, but as a person who has been against certifications in the development world it helped out today.

Here's to my plate of crow. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    But how does it taste??? icon_twisted.gif

As for exam 70-461, I've been meaning to earn my MCSA for SQL Server. Since database development is part of my daily responsibilities, I may tackle it next month. I missed the boat for MCITP/MCSA 2008. I failed exam 70-450 and never got around to sitting for exam 70-448. My 70-432 is forever alone. icon_sad.gif

Figured I'd add something somewhat constructive to the thread rather than just poke harmless fun at you. :D
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congrats! I wish you the best of luck.
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Definitely keep us posted.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That"s awesome! Here's to you possibly getting the job. Cheers with something other than crow.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We all eat crow at some point! Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks all, I will most certainly keep you posted.

As far as the SQL certification, it took me a long time to get this one, 2 fails lol. That zonked me and I haven't been able to finish the rest. I work with a lot of different technologies, it's hard to just focus on the SQL server exams. Currently really digging into PowerBI. This tool is a lot of fun and could give Tableau a run for it's money.