MeasureUp - Avoid

grimeygrimey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just a heads up:

Used the official MeasureUp exams for the O365 70-346 exam today.

Completely out of date, therby failing the exam. MeasureUp did not honor the refund policy either.

Avoid MeasureUp like the plague.

Interestingly: (from MeasureUp)

Please note that we develop our practice tests by having real-world experts take the exams and write items that map to the same objectives as the real exams.

How is this different from dumping the exams?

They didnt do a good job evidently.

Bastards.

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Apparently, you didn't study enough.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I've heard that the official MS books are out of date for O365 as well.

What other resources were you using to study? I get the feeling that it might be necessary to go back to the objectives and then lab on the current iteration of O365.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have considered taking 0365 and Azure exams because I have exposure to them at work. The services are updating to quickly for the exam developers to keep up and the book publisher can't keep up with the exam developers. If I decide to take them, my main focus will be on the current exam objectives.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If something sounds too good to be true, it probably won't help you pass an exam. Even if it did, practical experience will teach you the nuances of a product because how it's supposed to be is often not how things actually are.

Sure you could read a book on carpentry and be able to identify a joist from a beam, but that doesn't give you the experience to know when to use one over the other in a practical situation.

Practice as much as you can and don't rely on a single source of information for anything, even Microsoft. Like Reagan use to say, "Trust, but verify."
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've just used Measureup for 70-640/642 and I actually found them to be exceptional. Probably the best practice exams I've done
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • grimeygrimey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The real problem with this exam is the outdated content.

I am sure for some exams they have been fine - not for 346. Sections on ADFS for example were woefully out of date.

My other issue here is that they did not honor the guarantee. I should have known they'd weasel out of it. Customer didn't seem to get the concept that studying inaccurate material 50 times over and over will not magically make it accurate.

Yeah - sure i could have gone and followed up the content myself (my bad). But when they say 'use our exam and if you pass our practice tests consistently with 90+% you will pass' well, it isn't true is it.
    The real problem with this exam is the outdated content.

I am sure for some exams they have been fine - not for 346. Sections on ADFS for example were woefully out of date.

My other issue here is that they did not honor the guarantee. I should have known they'd weasel out of it. Customer support didn't seem to get the concept that studying inaccurate material 50 times over and over will not magically make it accurate.

Yeah - sure i could have gone and followed up the content myself (my bad). But when they say 'use our exam and if you pass our practice tests consistently with 90+% you will pass' well, it isn't true is it.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you use the practice exam and no other material to study for the exam?
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What they probably mean is that if you study, take a practice test and score 90% then you'll probably pass. They most likely did not mean if you take our practice test over and over again and get to where you get a 90% based on sheer repitition and memorization of questions and answers you'll pass.

In one instance you're using it as a tool to measure your comprehension and let you shore up weak areas. In the other instance you're treating it like a ****. If you feel that badly about it file a dispute with your credit card compnay or bank. Just understand you'll probably be barred from purchasing from them again.
  • GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What were your practice exam scores, when did you purchase the practice exams, and have you failed the exam twice? From their site...

From their Knowledgebase

If you score 90%+ in Certification Mode at least twice consecutively and then fail the corresponding vendor exam twice within 90 days of your practice test purchase, we’ll give you a full refund of the practice test price which you originally purchased on measureup.com

Looks like two 90%+ consecutive scores on the practice exams is the first prerequisite, failing the test twice is the second, and both are contingent upon occurring within 90 days of the purchase. Don't know if it applies, but using a reseller looks like it nulls it since it has to have been originally purchased from MeasureUp.

-EDIT-

clarification
    I bought it through MindHub - but they offer the same guarantee.

Yep - did all that.

And for the record - i have been certifying since '98 (MCSE in NT4..the good old days..anyone here old enough to remember the Saluki forums?) so i am not some noob chump. For clarification not for pi**ing contest reasons.

I hadn't done an exam for a few years (the last was Hyper-V in R2) so i thought i get some perp in. To make matters worse i thought i'd double up with another well known exam vendor - with the same offer..and i am not getting any responses from them.

Look the refund meh...but the fact the content was so inaccurate is what really concerned me - and they didnt seem to give a rats. Concerning, particularly since MU are what MS recommends (for whatever that is worth).

Anyway - i have my take aways from this. If you are thinking of using MU for 346...don't.
    GSXR750K2 wrote: »
    What were your practice exam scores, when did you purchase the practice exams, and have you failed the exam twice? From their site...

From their Knowledgebase

If you score 90%+ in Certification Mode at least twice consecutively and then fail the corresponding vendor exam twice within 90 days of your practice test purchase, we’ll give you a full refund of the practice test price which you originally purchased on measureup.com

Looks like two 90%+ consecutive scores on the practice exams is the first prerequisite, failing the test twice is the second, and both are contingent upon occurring within 90 days of the purchase. Don't know if it applies, but using a reseller looks like it nulls it since it has to have been originally purchased from MeasureUp.

-EDIT-

clarification
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Based on the couple of MeasureUp tests I have used in the past, they are totally worthless.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...