CCNP Switch passed just in time to renew CCNA

StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
Sup all,

Haven't posted in a long a time.

Wrote switch today and passed with 897, just in time to renew my CCNA R&S which was due to expire tomorrow.

I enjoyed the sims, wish other vendors like Juniper and HP would add sims to their exams.

I used the following material
- OCG and FLG guides. FLG was the best of the 2.
- INE videos. (work have all access pass :D)
- On the job experience with config/tshoot. I have learned majority while working and used study material to learn and review the more in depth information

Most of my certs are due for renewal this year. Unfortunately Juniper doesn't follow the same renewal process as Cisco, JNCIS or JNCIP Securty don't renew JNCIS enterprise R&S and they are freaking expensive exams icon_sad.gif

Next up Aruba ClearPass (work requirement) and ccnp route

My recommendation make sure you understand the protocol, if you understand the protocol you can work on any vendor.

Staunchy
2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
LinkedIn

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Grats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome job on the pass and renewal! Best of luck as well on the next certs.

I'm just curious: what was your study schedule knowing when your CCNA was due to expire? Were you worried about failing the exam and having to re-take the CCNA? When I was studying for the CCNA Security, my R&S was due to expire, so I gave myself a two-week buffer so I could study any objectives I missed and get in one more attempt. Thankfully I passed on the first shot.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    Awesome job on the pass and renewal! Best of luck as well on the next certs.

I'm just curious: what was your study schedule knowing when your CCNA was due to expire? Were you worried about failing the exam and having to re-take the CCNA? When I was studying for the CCNA Security, my R&S was due to expire, so I gave myself a two-week buffer so I could study any objectives I missed and get in one more attempt. Thankfully I passed on the first shot.

I have been studying everyday for about 2 hours every week day and on weekends 5 to 8 hours the last month. Due to projects and other work responsibilities I couldn't schedule the exam earlier. If I did fail I would have had my work pay to rewrite my CCNA.

I started getting nervous on sunday not because I didn't know the work but more knowing that Cisco likes to ask questions in a very sneaky manner.
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks for the info. It's always awesome when your job is footing the bill. icon_smile.gif
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Good luck with ROUTE and the Aruba one.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Like stealing home plate in the world series :) Well done!!