Options

CPEs - what is the best way to tackle these?

PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok, so I have been eligible to start taking CPEs from the beginning of the year and I am ashamed to say that I have not yet accumulated any credits.

So, starting today I need to start cracking some CPE nuts!

- So far I have download the ISC2 magazine and will read this and then take the test.
- I have signed up for the ISC2 e-symposium and will start to view some of these.
- I have also signed up for ISC2 Think tank and will attend the next Webinar

Any other quick wins?

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i will be interested in this, I just passed the CISSP and i dont want to ever take that test again, so I gotta stay on top of these CPEs
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    YoniKYoniK Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A good way of accumulating CPE's is via security podcasts. I personally recommend Security Now by Steve Gibson hosted by Leo Laporte. You can find it on the TWIT network(Search Google) or via the GRC.COM website.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out the this recent thread - [h=2]Passed, now looking for CPE providers[/h]
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help. I did do a search but must have missed that thread.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Look at Brighttalk they have plenty of webinars for cpes. Also start going to conferences, 1 day in a conference is sometimes 8 cpes. So you can imagine, you gofor 1 week and you have cpes for the whole year. Not to mention any studies for certifications,those count for cpes too.