ITIL environment – P1, P2 issues

Mark percivalMark percival Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All

Thank you all in-advance for your response I'd like to know how to answer this question if asked?

My process in managing P1 issues, incident management / problem management. if asked.

Many thanks

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not to be a wise guy - but what exactly is your question - perhaps this can help - LMGTFY
  • Mark percivalMark percival Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Paul,

Thank you for you're response!!..this is what the recruiter added. Can you help?& many thank I you can?.

"he will want to understand your experience of working on busy service desks, your process in managing P1 issues, incident management / problem management. They work to ITIL standards so any experience within this I would suggest you highlight in the interview"

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    P1 are generally Major Incidents and should have a Major Incident response plan. All incidents should be managed in the context of the agreed SLAs and OLAs.

The question almost seems like it's asking for a breakdown of a general Major Incident response plan - so how RACIs are established, how to prioritise within the incident, how to respond effectively, along with all the background planning before hand - creation of RACIs, disaster recovery plans, backups, business continuity, drills, procedures etc.

Another critical step is being able to identify that issues are P1 early on. That might be tricky in instances where the infrastructure the service desk relies on is also not functional.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    And to add to what @OctalDump said - if you are interviewing for a position in an incident response/management role - if the org has a mature ITIL practice, normally the process is already defined and the process owner would have communicated the process to the service desk.
  • Mark percivalMark percival Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for the information you have provided.
    Good luck with the job interview.