Options

CRISC Work Experience Form

foxy8888foxy8888 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey All,

Wrote in December 2016 - passed!

I know the high-level work experience requirements are:
A minimum of at least three (3) years of cumulative work experience performing the tasks of a CRISC professional across at least two (2) of the four (4) CRISC domains is required for certification. Of these two (2) required domains, one (1) must be in either Domain 1 or 2.

Looking for advice/guidance from anyone who's filled-out the application before.
For each "Verifier" the 4 domains are listed, with check-boxes for each task within that domain (page V-2 on the application).
What isn't clear to me is if all of these check-boxes, for each domain, need to be checked to qualify for that domain.

As an example.
Domain 1: IT Risk Identification
There are 7 tasks within that domain, and let's say I've been responsible for 6 of those 7, but I'm not sure if my involvement in "Identify risk appetite and tolerance defined by senior leadership and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives." would be sufficient to check it off.

Do all tasks within a domain need to be checked? Or is this just a matter of doing some piece of work within each domain?

Thanks!

For reference the application I'm looking at is:
http://www.isaca.org/Certification/CRISC-Certified-in-Risk-and-Information-Systems-Control/Documents/CRISC-Application-2015-and-later-frm_Eng_0916.pdf

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    Resonate!Resonate! Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    foxy8888 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Wrote in December 2016 - passed!

I know the high-level work experience requirements are:
    A minimum of at least three (3) years of cumulative work experience performing the tasks of a CRISC professional across at least two (2) of the four (4) CRISC domains is required for certification. Of these two (2) required domains, one (1) must be in either Domain 1 or 2.

Looking for advice/guidance from anyone who's filled-out the application before.
    For each "Verifier" the 4 domains are listed, with check-boxes for each task within that domain (page V-2 on the application).
    What isn't clear to me is if all of these check-boxes, for each domain, need to be checked to qualify for that domain.

As an example.
    Domain 1: IT Risk Identification
    There are 7 tasks within that domain, and let's say I've been responsible for 6 of those 7, but I'm not sure if my involvement in "Identify risk appetite and tolerance defined by senior leadership and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives." would be sufficient to check it off.

Do all tasks within a domain need to be checked? Or is this just a matter of doing some piece of work within each domain?

Thanks!

For reference the application I'm looking at is:
    http://www.isaca.org/Certification/CRISC-Certified-in-Risk-and-Information-Systems-Control/Documents/CRISC-Application-2015-and-later-frm_Eng_0916.pdf

Kevin

Kevin, if you have points checked in for each domain it should be sufficient without total coverage. Those CRISC's I know had some check boxes unchecked and were certified, I am doing the same. Good luck!
  • Options
    foxy8888foxy8888 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that quick response, and that's exactly the response I was looking/hoping for.
    I'm going through the application and there are just a few that I wouldn't feel confident in checking.

Thanks, again!

Kevin
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I submitted my form after passing in Dec 2015, I had just the boxes checked that I had experience in, not all, they certified me so you should be good :)
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    happibirdyhappibirdy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,

Does the work experiences prior to passing the exam count?

Thanks.
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    happibirdy wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Does the work experiences prior to passing the exam count?

Thanks.

Sure does.