CCIE thread, finally!

2»

Comments

• d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    in the first 4 months, i was focusing on one technology at a time.
    after that, i started with bigger labs, and focusing on protocol interactions.

the last 3 months were centered around how to finish this whole lab as fast as i can. for example, focus on a specific AS, review what actually needs to be done there and on which devices, prepare your config, reuse what you typed (bgp peers, RR, ospf on interfaces, STP, etc), and the most important: what is the most efficient way to verify what you have done?

for example, if i had an AS with several switches, dhcp server, and a remote host (dmvpn, or other wan connection); my only test would be a ping/trace from the server (who receives the ip) towards one of the spokes. with this simple test i validated dhcp, dhcp snooping, am sure my l2 is working, and also the dmvpn or ppp/pppoe link. 5 things or more with a simple output.

actually the test is not extreme in a technical point of view, but your strategy will define if you will be able to finish within time or not.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Great work, congrats!

What workbook materials did you use? Also did you mainly use Rack-Rentals or home lab (EVE-NG/VIRL/GNS3)?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Great work, congrats!

What workbook materials did you use? Also did you mainly use Rack-Rentals or home lab (EVE-NG/VIRL/GNS3)?

At first, I used a few INE tokens.
    Then, found EVE-NG and was able to get a VIRL server. INE offers their topologies (for both RS and SP) in an easy way to import to VIRL.

During the last weeks, i used IOL on EVE since it is the closest i could get from what they give you in the exam.

Workbooks were mainly 360 v4 and INE (v4 and v5).