What an Adventure! It really shouldn't be this hard !

jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, got to the testing center (45 minutes away) this morning about 20 minutes before my 9:15 slot. Go inside, the guy there tells me he doesn't have me scheduled for an exam, not at 9:15 or any other time :O A 45 minute phone call with pearson later, I am now scheduled for the exam at 11:30 in another testings center, 30 minutes from home in the opposite direction...

Get to the 2nd testing location, sit down, start the exam, brain **** everything from my head to the eraser board they give you, and proceed to need NONE of it... weirdest CompTIA exam I have ever sat... it read more like a Sec+ exam got dumped into the Network + exam bank... hour later I passed by the skin of my teeth with a 725. And then the test centers printer doesn't print :O

Finally the test center lady calls someone and they walk her through re-printing the form. At least the last of the certifications I had to re-take for WGU are complete :D Now on to the Linux + also for WGU at least its a net new cert for me :)
"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke

Comments

• averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! That would be quite frustrating. As for your take on the Network+, yeah, I felt that way too. Quite similar to the Security+ exam.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Glad it all worked out and it's in your rear view mirror!
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've been planning to take this too, as it'd help my resume out and my future plans to attend WGU. Hopefully it's not too difficult.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE