Options

70-410 group policy questions

mike309dmike309d Member Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been doing my group policy labs for the 70-410 and the 70-411. My question is for the test.
Do I need to memorize every step on how to configure the actual group policy to block a program using App blocker, how
to map a drive, etc? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is on the border of what the NDA allows and disallows. For the sake my my MCSA I'm going to air on the side of safety.

Focus on the topics for the tests. If they ask specifically "how to map a drive through group policy" or how to configure applocker policies, etc. you are safest to know the inside, the outside, and the in-between-side. You should be comfortable navigating the interfaces and knowing which setting or configuration option will accomplish something. I will say you won't need to know every last setting in the GP Editor but you should know the areas that it is specifically testing on.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    usually you should know "what" you want to click or configure for each scenario. Do you need to block by publisher? by .exe? by path?
    Know stuff like that and why you want to. THEN try to know where to click, etc. It actually isnt that hard for Applocker. Not too much to click.

Good luck
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As with all of the objectives for the MCSA exams, you should be comfortable with the ins and outs of all of it.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As PoolmanJim and AndersonSmith stated, you should know the options available for anything. Folder Redirection for example: If you've never opened that node you wouldn't know about the Basic and Advanced options and what they do or the Settings tab. What options are available?

Take the time and fool around in the GPMC and see what options are available to you at the Domain, OU and GPO level. These are the exact notes I took after I failed the 70-411 the first time. Dig in and root around, import and export, backup and restore (if you aren't in a production environment) and look at the options of Migration Tables because they are all testable.

This isn't an insurmountable obstacle but you need to dig further than a book.

Sorry Cisco Inferno. Forgot to mention you.