Hiding Shared Calendar

A customer of ours called up and requested that a shared calendar be removed from everyones outlook. It was a user whos account has been disabled. I have selected the hide the users mailbox from lists but am looking to get it removed completly so that users dont see it in their shared calendars (They can see the folder but have no permissions to open it).
Is there a simple way to do this without actually deleting the users mailbox? Is there a certain option in the client permissions or something? I was perhaps thinking that the account would need to be deleted but surely not!! :)

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you tried this?

Open the shared calendar with an Admin account. Go into the properties of the calendar and then click the permissions tab and remove any open permissions.

I didn't test it, but I guess it's worth a try.
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Thanks for the reply, i think doing that would still leave the folder visible and the customer wanted it hiden. I just ended up ensuring that the mailbox had been backed up and simply deleted it. This will in turn remove his shared calendar from all other users outlook also
    Thanks
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ally77,

I had another idea that maybe you could try next time.

You think it's possible that you could set up that user's exchange account on a PC and then go into the calendars and not 'share' the calendar? I know by default the user is supposed to choose to 'share my calendar' in the initial set up I believe.

At any rate, I'm glad you got it resolved somehow.

Regards,
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    That is something else that i thought about myself after i had deleted the mailbox. It seems to be the logical thing to do but am unsure of whether it would have the desired results. I will test it over the weekend and let you know the result
    Thanks again :)
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Naw, just delete everyone's Calendar... Guaranteed to meet your specifications of success.

icon_twisted.gif
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?