Options

70-411 done as of this morning

AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
This one took me a while due to some unforeseen life events and due to them, I really had no real quality time to study or lab except on the weekend (New job so that is at least a good thing) so I finally got it scheduled and passed with a 726. There were a whole handful of questions I needed to punt on because I couldn't even narrow it down but again, it was a fair test without any overly convoluted or sneaky questions.

Lab, lab, lab, technet and lab some more on this one. I can't stress that enough.

I'm going to have me a couple of brewskis and some buffalo wings later.

Comments

• Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, enjoy that beer, you've earned it!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam... If you don't mind me asking but material books, etc did you use? I'm in the process of starting the 411 a.s.a.p

Thanks,
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    Hi Louie1277,

I used the Sybex (Panek) stand alone book and hated it. It went right in the garbage as soon as I passed. Some chapters were OK but really didn't get into details like the Pearson book for the 410 did. I also have a subscription to PluralSight ($25 a month isn't bad) which I wish I would have gotten a lot sooner. Probably could have finished my 410 up sooner. Other than that, lots of labbing and as soon as I found either a command or a task from PluralSight, it was straight off to TechNet. I LOVE the crap out of TechNet. Let me know if you have any other questions or Lab environments to build.

Oh and update your certifications in your profile!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats!

I guess I'll take a Congrats post close to 3 weeks after the fact.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    KICKA$$! good job!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks.. One thing I have to do is build my lab once again because I moved my VM's to a different drive and now they are all broken because I didn't do it the correct way... Tried like 4 different way of fixing them but no go... its okay get to reload them again... Let me know how you build your lab or instructions you might have.

Thanks,

AvgITGeek wrote: »
    Hi Louie1277,

I used the Sybex (Panek) stand alone book and hated it. It went right in the garbage as soon as I passed. Some chapters were OK but really didn't get into details like the Pearson book for the 410 did. I also have a subscription to PluralSight ($25 a month isn't bad) which I wish I would have gotten a lot sooner. Probably could have finished my 410 up sooner. Other than that, lots of labbing and as soon as I found either a command or a task from PluralSight, it was straight off to TechNet. I LOVE the crap out of TechNet. Let me know if you have any other questions or Lab environments to build.

Oh and update your certifications in your profile!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    Check the bottom of page 1 of this thread for my 411 lab I put together. I used 3 fileservers because I wanted to really see DFS-R in all of its glory.

Copy and paste the link below

www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/125363-god-good-70-410-cleared.html
  • Options
    WinuserWinuser Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.