Options

Taking Comptia 902 Exam !! Pray for me

Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good evening tech family,

In the morning I will be taking the 902 portion of the A+ certification test. I passed the 901 version about 3 weeks ago after studying for a week, and now I'm going to test my luck with the second half of this test. I've used Ucertify and professor Messer videos to prepare for this after studying for about a week and a half. You guys pray for me!

Comments

• Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How'd it go?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    I passed it but barely!!!! Only took it for my WGU curriculum. I scored a 720 and needed a 700 to pass. You talk about cutting it close haha
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's awesome! Good Job!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    IT_Guy wrote: »
    Any tips you can share to those who have yet to take this exam such as areas that you found more difficult than anticipated?

Thanks.

Well I would say don't overkill on studying. I've took a number of different Comptia test. Just make sure you have multiple studying aids. I watched most of Professer Messer videos and used the Ucertify website. If you have a year of helpdesk experience, I wouldn't study more than two weeks, just cram cram cram!
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    A pass is a pass! Congrats
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    IT_Guy wrote: »
    Have no helpdesk, or in fact any I.T., work experience. Have watched all of the cbtnuggests compTIA A+ 901 and 902 videos (didn't rate them personally), all of Lynda.com Mike Myers 901 videos (these I preferred) and plan to watch the Professor Messer videos as they seem to get recommended the most.

Started working through Mike Myers All-in-one compTIA A+ 901/902 book but felt it went into far too much detail about the history of things since year dot. Switched to the ExamCram book which is much better imo. Will take a few practice exams also then book the 901 exam.

Well I would say get some hands on experience using a old desktop computer or something of that nature. People learn stuff in different ways. I learned the information from simply having worked in IT this past year. I would say find some broken machines and just take them apart to figure out what's what. And for the operating systems, just play around with the control panel inside of windows 7 for the most part. Vista and windows 8.1 aren't too much different. Know the different features pertaining to each version of windows, and know some of the similar features found in Linux and Mac OS X. I think after watching some professer messer Videos that you should be fine considering the amount of material you've been using. The test may be alot easier than you think honestly. It's waaay easier than the Network +. I failed that test twice. Also, you may want to go ahead and just schedule the test to see how you fair on it honestly. You may be overkilling it on studying. A pass is a pass. Don't try to score the highest score lol