Taking RHCSA Today (maybe)... Wish me luck!

RHELRHEL Member Posts: 195 ■■■□□□□□□□
First, the maybe... A coworker and myself traveled 6 hours to Philadelphia Wednesday for a Thursday AM RHCSA exam at a kiosk location... 30mins outside Philly, we receive a cancellation e-mail due to weather. icon_sad.gif

Luckily, we were able to get an immediate reschedule for the same timeslots another two hours away in New Jersey. We jumped on it. We got up very early in the morning and drove through the snowstorm that cancelled the original exam, making it to the NJ location with just 20 minutes to spare. We had called to confirm multiple times that this location's test was still on... Guess what? Nobody even showed up to the office!

So, here's try number three and a day later. We're headed back in Philly for one last attempt to take the exam...

My co-worker and I are both senior UNIX engineers for a large company, but are just recently switching over from AIX to Red Hat. My co-worker has been studying a good amount for the past few weeks, and I've been casually browsing the objectives. We both took the in-classroom RHCSA Rapid Track Training and have accounts for the learning subscription, so we've been able to practice a bit with labs.

Hopefully that'll be enough. The nerves are starting to set in, but I'll give it my all. If I'm successful today, I plan to immediately start prepping for the RHCE. Wish me luck!

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What a crazy good story. How'd it go?!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • RHELRHEL Member Posts: 195 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We both passed. Yay, worth it in the end!
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What an epic story. Congrats! Good luck on your RHCE.
  • scottctaylor12scottctaylor12 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good for you guys to put in that kind of dedication. Best of luck with the RHCE!
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congratulations! Good luck on the RHCE.
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After going through the snowstorms, it was all worth it in the end. Congratulations.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • RHELRHEL Member Posts: 195 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FYI took RHCE today and passed!!!!
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice, congrats RHEL!
  • BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude. I know the feeling. During my EX405 connection dropped, and I continued 15 minutes later. I got the answer from RH but when I got home and chilled, that's an amazing feeling after you study your ass off and pass.
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congrats. Welcome to the club!
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□