Starting OSCP on 26/02

Rymez2KRymez2K Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone.
I have booked my OSCP and I am starting on the 26th of Feb. Looking forward to it. I am developer transitioning into a security role, I have done a lot of varied things in IT in the past, networking, system admin, database admin etc. I also enjoy
I am spending the next two weeks going though some vulnhub machines and playing around with some of the exploits on exploitdb. I have booked 90 days of lab access, I will try and keep you all posted about my progress as I go along.
Thanks
Pete

Comments

• JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey hows it going. I started on the 28th of feb. Good luck icon_smile.gif
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, guys!
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to both of you. I'm sure you'll love the labs as much as everybody else who's done it before!
  • Rymez2KRymez2K Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Quick update, 7 days in and rooted 9 boxes. I am really loving the lab environment.
    Well three weeks later and I am up to 33 machines rooted, and 4 low priv shells still to escalate.
    Pain and Gh0st are done, but still need to get humble and sufferance.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Awesome work! Definitely sounds like you are on track for an attempt at the exam. With the pace you've gone at, I would recommend testing on day 60 as it would leave you with 30 days to keep pounding away at practicing in the lab environment and attempt again if need be. I believe the exam retake is only $60.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Thanks for the comment JojoCal19 I remember reading your OSCP thread. I think I will schedule for 60 days. I got Humble this week and am up to 42 machines done.
    I also managed to extend the Ktrap0d exploit to allow passing in a pid to escalate which has proved really useful.
  • TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rymez2K wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment JojoCal19 I remember reading your OSCP thread. I think I will schedule for 60 days. I got Humble this week and am up to 42 machines done.
    I also managed to extend the Ktrap0d exploit to allow passing in a pid to escalate which has proved really useful.

How are you getting on? I am looking to start within the next one month.