Options

VMware

Cyber_spaceCyber_space Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I wanted to get feedback on the company from a security. Of course there is glassdoor, indeed, and others but I wanted to get info from my TE family.

Comments

• Options
    From the security engineer/analyst perspective..
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't speak to specific positions, but I can tell you over the last two years I've met over a hundred people that work at VMware, and I've never heard one single negative thing about working there. I'm honestly surprised about that. Now, if you're interested in being a security person at VMware, I don't know much about the internal side, but as far as billable, there is PSO (professional services organization) this is where their consultants are and there is the NSBU Network and security business unit. VMware NSX is a good pathway to either of those jobs.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info slinuxuze
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I worked there for a bit and tried getting into an infosec role but I didn't have much experience and they weren't really hiring at the time. The company is pretty solid, good pay, good benefits, lots of perks. At the time though, they were downsizing a bit and their director had just left. I've kept an eye out and stayed in contact with some people there but haven't heard of any openings there. But I haven't looked/asked since I've been at this job either (~6 months). I'd probably consider going back if I could get a sec analyst job there.