Options

CRISC - Exam preparation (study materials, tips, mindset, etc)

13»

Comments

• Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hi is it possible to share the 2015 Manual for CRISC.... thanks

navnee i can share.
  • Options
    pr1988pr1988 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Rehana44,

Did you find out the answer? Can you please tell me if there is any difference between the Q&A book and online db?
  • Options
    pr1988pr1988 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! There were a mix bags of questions from both CISA (scenario-based) and ones similar to CRISC (fact-based) which IMO is similar to the Q&A DB questions from ISACA. It isn't as difficult as the CISA but that's up for debate. Good luck!

-SG

Congratulations SecurityGuru23!

I have completed my CISA last year and planning to take CRISC soon. I read that you have used only Q&A DB. Any idea if there is any difference between Q&A book and online DB?
  • Options
    Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, i used only Q&A book and passed the exam with good score :D Q&A book and online db has same set of questions but you will be able to give mock exams and all in online db like real exam experience i suppose. otherwise book would just suffice.

pr1988 wrote: »
    Hi Rehana44,

Did you find out the answer? Can you please tell me if there is any difference between the Q&A book and online db?
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    but i believe online DB has more questions then book (around 1000 vs 450 in book ) , please correct me if i am wrong

thanks
    pr1988 wrote: »
    Congratulations SecurityGuru23!

I have completed my CISA last year and planning to take CRISC soon. I read that you have used only Q&A DB. Any idea if there is any difference between Q&A book and online DB?
  • Options
    Teddyp15Teddyp15 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    asiru77 wrote: »
    but i believe online DB has more questions then book (around 1000 vs 450 in book ) , please correct me if i am wrong

thanks

Hey There,

The ISACA online DB has 500 questions. Unless, there is an updated database that I'm unaware of.
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Book has 500 questions and the DB has the same - got it confirmed from ISACA.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    scasc wrote: »
    Book has 500 questions and the DB has the same - got it confirmed from ISACA.
    Thanks to clarify, I already have book so it's useless to buy online DB in this case
  • Options
    dazmandazman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just passed CRISC today:
    This email is being sent to notify you of your 6 November 2017 exam results. A scaled score of 450 or higher is required to pass, which represents the minimum consistent standard of knowledge as established by ISACA's CRISC Certification Working Group.

We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 594. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.

SCALED SCORES BY CONTENT AREA:

IT Risk Identification

IT Risk Assessment

Risk Response and Mitigation

Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting

Not the best pass, it seems to be around the 82% mark as far as I can guesstimate.

I only used the two books. About 10 questions on the CBT exam seemed impossible to discern the correct answer to, so I hoping it was only those ones I'd got wrong. Still, not too bad and no retake fee and no re-study time, which is a massive relief.
  • Options
    darylcodarylco Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all
    Im thinking of answering CRISC but have worked in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery only. Will this be something which I will be able to clear?

Thanks
  • Options
    FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    darylco wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im thinking of answering CRISC but have worked in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery only. Will this be something which I will be able to clear?

Thanks

BCP/DR will give you a strong foundation but CRISC is going to cover more than just that category. Not to say you couldn't pull it off but a lot of CRISC is "The ISACA Approach to Risk Management". I'd still encourage you to use the Manual/QAE.
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral: