Passed, 02-10-2017

dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Was nervous the whole week,Studied and crammed for about 1 month and a half after taking a classroom course, felt good enough a couple weeks ago, but had doubts up until the week before my exam, but just decided to go ahead and take it, going into it I was a lil relaxed but also anxious to get it over with, to my relief the simulations were actually the easiest part of the exam, it was the multiple choice that actually gave me problems, but I felt I knew a good deal of the material so I wasnt too worried, overall, it was hard, but wasnt out of the scope of my imagination, there was a few questions I didn't know how to answer though, but I feel relieved its finally over

I'm headed in the direction of OS now, looking to grab my Win 7, Server 2012, ITIl, and maybe Linux, what direction would yall suggest I go in to make myself the most marketable and be able to get the most money out of my certs??

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I hope to test for this by year's end. Did you follow up your Sec+ with this directly? What course did you take?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    Congratulations! I hope to test for this by year's end. Did you follow up your Sec+ with this directly? What course did you take?

No, I took Sec+ in 2014,I was supposed to take CASP in 2016, but it got pushed back a while due to me slacking and trying to pursue other things
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • TriggeriousTriggerious Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am curious as what you used as well. I've got a few resources, but I want to buy a book. I believe I've read that the Sybex book for CASP is a let down compared to the Pearson book. Thoughts?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am curious as what you used as well. I've got a few resources, but I want to buy a book. I believe I've read that the Sybex book for CASP is a let down compared to the Pearson book. Thoughts?

I used the following resources, in order of most effectiveness:

Pearson CASP Book (goes into great detail of 85% of the material you need to know)
    McGraw Hill CASP book (for CAS-001, but the explanations of the concepts of CASP is immaculate)
    Skillport website ( Good for practice tests)
    Transcender Test Engine ( good for reviewing sections youve covered, but VERY LIMITED test bank, so you'll already know the answers beforehand most likely after awhile)
    SyBex CASP Book ( Covers a lot of material, but doesn't go much into detail, YOU WILL NOT pass if you're just studying out of this book
    Cybrary.IT ( Not really a game changer, when it comes to the CASP, but a good resource to study nonethe less)

Also, make sure youre quizzing yourself on the material your covering AT LEAST once a week
  • LeiLei Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi thanks for the feed back about CASP but i have another questions do you think taking the class room course for $2495.00 is worth it or just get the Pearson CASP Book? Any suggestions will help.