CompTIA Renewal

TecScottTecScott Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
First time doing CompTIA certification and trying to get my head around the renewal/annual fee.

I took the exam two weeks ago and passed, I believe CompTIA charges you annually to retain the certificate effective the day you pass?

or does this annual fee only take effect from 3 years after passing (expiration date)? or due 1 year after the date you pass?

Seems odd to charge you immediately as you pass after paying for their materials and exam.

I assume the 50 CEU's required for renewal are due 3 years after pass date?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can pay annually or I believe at the end of 3 years. I'd have to check.
    TecScott wrote: »
    First time doing CompTIA certification and trying to get my head around the renewal/annual fee.

I took the exam two weeks ago and passed, I believe CompTIA charges you annually to retain the certificate effective the day you pass?

or does this annual fee only take effect from 3 years after passing (expiration date)? or due 1 year after the date you pass?

Seems odd to charge you immediately as you pass after paying for their materials and exam.

I assume the 50 CEU's required for renewal are due 3 years after pass date?

Thanks in advance.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/