Options

Passed CCSP exam today

Peter_welsPeter_wels Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

Passed the CCSP exam today.

I had also passed the CCSK 8 days ago. After passing the CCSK, I read the ISC BoK and completed the All-in-one last night.

I have significant experience in all of the cloud domains. In addition, I have written about 40 prometric exams since 95. From the CISSP, VMWare, Novell, Microsoft, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CCIE written, other Cisco exams, Nortel and Fortinet, Lotus, etc.

This exam was harder than I thought it would be simply because I didn't give myself enough time to study. I think that the BoK on it's own is enough to pass the exam (based on my exam contents). That said, my real life job experience is responsible for me getting at least 30% of the exam questions correctly.

My take on this exam. Much like the CISA, CRISC and CISSP, you really need to understand the concepts behind the facts that are fed to you in the respective BoKs. Memorization, alone, will not help you pass the exam.

I finished the exam in 90 minutes, took a break, then reviewed for 30 minutes before leaving.

Now I await the official letter from ISC2,

Pete

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    texas-sectexas-sec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just wondering what made you take the CCSK before the CCSP and do you compare the two.

Congrats on being successful with both.icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Congrats!

Thanks,

9 hours later... I'm happy I passed. I forgot to mention that I also watched/listened to Kelly Handerhan's Cybrary CCSP Audio/videos. They're actually pretty good ... not enough by themselves to pass the exam -- but they provide a good foundation.

Pete
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats!! How long did you study for the CCSK?
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    Chivalry1 wrote: »
    Congrats!! How long did you study for the CCSK?

Thanks,

I studied 3 days for the ccsk. I had already read the csa and ensia docs a few times for cloud-related projects at work.

pete
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I plan to sit for the exam soon.
  • Options
    Chuzpah wrote: »
    Congrats!

I plan to sit for the exam soon.

The more real life experience you have, the better off you'll be on the exam. There is stuff in there that no amount of studying the BoK or the All in one can help you with. You really have to dig deep into the bowels of your IT experience to answer them. If you're working in the security field and/or have done the CISSP, it'll really help you!

Pete
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Peter_wels wrote: »
    The more real life experience you have, the better off you'll be on the exam. There is stuff in there that no amount of studying the BoK or the All in one can help you with. You really have to dig deep into the bowels of your IT experience to answer them. If you're working in the security field and/or have done the CISSP, it'll really help you!

Pete

Thanks for the advice Peter. I do work in infosec, and with cloud customers every day. I used to work for a very large ISP in infosec so I expert that experience will come in handy as well. :)
  • Options
    Chuzpah wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice Peter. I do work in infosec, and with cloud customers every day. I used to work for a very large ISP in infosec so I expert that experience will come in handy as well. :)

I see you have your VCP too... I have my VCP too and it definitely helped with some of the tougher questions.

Pete