Options

Wgu msitm - 3-1-17

joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
Just starting this thread now to get another group keeping an eye on progress, harassing me as necessary, etc. :)

Cleared to start last night, finished up orientation this morning. Waiting on Student Mentor assignment now.

Hoping for a two term completion, but I've never done courses at WGU before, so it's all up in the air now to see whether or not that's really realistic for me and my learning/writing style.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome good luck in the program!! I am finishing up this degree so if you ever have any questions during your journey feel free to message me. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Still no mentor assigned (cleared to start Thursday night and yesterday was a holiday, so only been one business day really). Started reading through chapters for MCT2. Already getting some thoughts on how to apply tips there for Powerpoint/speech I have to prepare for April.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Best of luck! Ill be watching. I might go this route next year, curious to see how a new to wgu student picks it up.
  • Options
    Mentor has been assigned. Still 3/1 start date, but have read through first two assignments (four chapters total) in Technical writing course, did pre-assessment and read half of section on in Project Management course, and did the diagnostic in the guide to technical writing. Hoping for two terms, but we'll see once i start getting feedback on some of my papers. :)
  • Options
    All of the MCT2 coursework read and first paper submitted yesterday. Watching it SLOWLY creep through queue in taskstream.
    First 3 chapters of Ucertify material for C783 are done.
  • Options
    Pass on MCT2 Technical Writing Saturday, so on-track for two terms to finish my degree. One month or so per class seems a reasonable target, will hit two terms for the degree, and makes sure I still have time for family
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can do this....we did it!!! Go go go...and establish good relations with your mentor.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    Finished C783 almost a month ago, finished JIT2 today. Still on track for two terms, though that migth change with CCIE renewal looming.

Just keep chugging
  • Options
    Finished
    MCT2
    C783
    JIT2
    TFT2
    LZT2

Remaining
    SJT2
    FXT2
    MAT2
    MBT2
    C498

Second term started 9/1, and I'm halfway thruogh today, 9/13 (just finished LZT2, my fifth class). Should still make it in two terms, though it might be close.
  • Options
    catscapscatscaps Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great Job! I have ambitions to complete in 2 semesters as well, but time will tell.
  • Options
    msITmanagementhelpmsITmanagementhelp Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Finished
    MCT2
    C783
    JIT2
    TFT2
    LZT2

Remaining
    SJT2
    FXT2
    MAT2
    MBT2
    C498

Second term started 9/1, and I'm halfway thruogh today, 9/13 (just finished LZT2, my fifth class). Should still make it in two terms, though it might be close.
    Nice work so far! I start this same program soon, could I possibly message you for some advice?