Options

Comprehensive books on Virtualization (2012)

IgroIgro Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks. Virtualization is not an easy subject. Logical networks/switches, port profiles and tunneling protocols...
Could you please advice a veeeeery deep book about virtualization. Would be useful if the book already considers Windows Server 2012 r2. I'm interesting in Hyper-V solutions, rather that VMare. What I've got so far:

[h=1]Mastering Hyper-V 2012 R2 with System Center and Windows Azure[/h]
it is very hard to read. There are no much illustrations, pictures and so on.

Virtualization Essentials, 2nd Edition

This one is very light instead.

Anything else to offer? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If youre really interested in Hyper V, I really recommend you look at the Microsoft Virtual Academy - its free.

Also, as for books, I dont know of anything good outside of study material for the 74-409. I used a study guide by Veem.

But Im sure you can Amazon a few and read reviews.

Microsoft System Center Deploying Hyper-V with Software-Defined Storage & Networking https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UNKXVI0/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_OmeQyb3PXMGCW
    ^Mitch Tullock is the man.

What it sounds like youre struggling with is networking concepts in a software defined datacenter, which is what HV is becoming (along with clustering and azure cloud)

I think the MVA will be youre best bet for explainer videos.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    IgroIgro Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for reply LittleBit. I see the book is free, so I just got it and will be checking.
    You are right about my lack of virtual network concept. I will check the MVA too. Thank you.