Options

IT Folks: What is your daily "wake up" drink of choice?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    AeroPress some freshly ground coffee beans.
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cup of Milk with my breakfast :)
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mine is a 2 to 3 mile run at 5 AM. Trust me you're awake after that. Roll out of bed put shorts and t-shirt on and go to the gym and run. No warm up or anything just straight out run as fast as you can for as long as needed to get 2 to 3 miles. Trust me it is a good shock to the body and I have lost 20lbs in 3 months.

Always one of these in every crowd......

j/k - I can't run, but I do similar with a brisk walk in the morning. Even in the dead of winter in Chicago, getting the blood flowing sure helps. Then, if I STILL need a pick-me-up I go all in, screw top Monster ha

-scott
  • Options
    Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am a Starbucksaholic and Monster drink nut. I drink a pot of coffee before work. Drink an energy drink and then a small dunkin donuts coffee to start work. I drink another pot of coffee after work and study for more computer certifications and what I think I need to know for my job. When I use to work security and did a lot of graveyard shifts co-workers would say "oh my God your going to die of a heart attack!" Ever since I was in college I got addicted to Starbucks and don't know what my life would be without it :)
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Coffee in morning. 1 tablespoon creamer. No sugar.
    Water rest of day. Once in a while tea in afternoon (for something with flavor)
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Macchiato (Triple espresso with foamed milk) do the trick in the morning
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    500-1000ml of water.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I pretty much drink around 20 oz of water when I wake up and then take coffee to work.
    Lavazza, 8 oz of milk, 2 shots of espresso + brown sugar.
    That's the routine.
    meh
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    About 12oz of Coffee in the morning then followed up by water the rest of the day. When I get home and need energy to study I will split half of NoDoze caffeine pill which is 100mg that way I have energy without the diuretic effect which seems to only happen if I drink Coffee in the afternoon, go figure. No soda for me.
  • Options
    infoscrubinfoscrub Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I drink at least one monster a day but there are "rules" I have to follow to avoid headaches and groggyness.

- I must be fully awake BEFORE drinking caffeine. I wake up at 0400 and crack open a monster at 700. I wake up with energy, I don't wake up groggy. I feel like I'd be one of the many people who are useless before the coffee kicks in otherwise. Instead when I start working I start taking in the caffeine and turning up the focus.
    -Stay Consistent. If I drink under/over the amount of caffeine or mess with the timing I feel it. I stay around 150-200mg of caffeine. My goal is to increase my productivity, not to cram for finals. I've done the whole up the dose every time you feel tired thing. It doesn't help long term.
    - Caffeine isn't a substitute for basics. Its an additive. Sleep/water are more beneficial. I feel like I'm more likely to turn a low energy day around by dragging a gallon of water with me and finishing it before dinner.
    -High sugar foods are just asking for headaches and crashes.
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't do coffee.. I wake up and go to the gym for an hour then turn around to study from about 0600-0800 and then get ready to be at work by 0900. Normally have a monster and water near me to keep me going. I've never been able to do the coffee thing.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Coffee and a smoke is how I start my day. Usually I'll have another cup of coffee when getting into work. I'm not one for energy drinks
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    green smoothie

kale, cucumbers, ginger, apples, pineapple with water
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    any good?

Its tea, has that bitter green tea taste. I guess you can add sugar but I drink it straight up. I like to keep my tea healthy without sugar.

Earl Gray or English Breakfast black tea has a decent caffeine kick to it. Black and green tea have 60-80mg of caffeine as opposed to a cup of coffee which has 100mg or more depending on strength.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mainly coffee with a pinch of milk, no sugar. Hot & cold shower first to get the blood pumping.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    Dave88LXDave88LX Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not a coffee drinker, hate the taste, so I've been trying to figure out something myself. I bought a blender and those Carnation Instant Breakfast powders. I use frozen strawberries/bananas/blueberries, and use enough of those with a little bit of ice and milk to make a hell of a breakfast smoothie.

My drive to work is 70 miles each way (DC area), so it kind of doubles as a breakfast. I drink water along the way too.
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Coffee and about 8-10 water bottles after. Water keeps me awake no matter what. That 2 'oclock crash is brutal if I'm not drinking water. I'm going to try that morning run. I need to get my ass out of bed tho icon_sad.gif
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!